17

I groaned as I stepped out of the airplane and into the busy Barcelona, Spain airport. 

"Must you make me wear these ridiculous outfits?"

I was wearing a white, one-piece swimsuit and pale blue pants with large buttons on top. I had a white, fedora shaped, but not quite a fedora, hat with a blue ribbon. White circle earrings hung on my ears, and I had white sandal heels.

 White circle earrings hung on my ears, and I had white sandal heels

I was sure that everyone was staring at my clown costume.

"Oh, stop it, darling, you look... ravishing." Misha smiled at me, tugging me tightly to him.

"Stop being a tease," I said and he reluctantly let me go.

"Maria, silence yourself. You don't look ridiculous, now quit whining. Misha and you will head to the beach, while the rest of us go... to work on some things." Stephan told the events that would be unfolding today.

Of all people, why did Misha have to go?

I silenced myself and didn't say a word. Misha, with an awful smirk on his face, took my hand and led me away. I wanted to know what the rest of the gang would be up to, but I had to silence myself. 

We got into a cab and Misha told the driver where we wished to go. He drove off, and I stared at the beautiful city before me. 

The car ride was quite short, and soon, we were out and standing near a beach. I smiled and looked at Misha. 

"Why are we here?" I knew the answer, but I really needed a confirmation.

"We're here to have fun. Go swim, lay on the sand, whatever you wish. The day is yours to have fun."

I squealed like a little girl on Christmas morning and threw my arms around Misha's neck. "Thank you, thank you! You have no idea how long I wished for this, just a day of being at the beach!"

Misha couldn't help but laugh. 

"Oh, Maria. Go, you're wasting time."

I nodded and ran off, Misha whistling behind me.

I threw off my stupid had, and clown pants and uncomfortable heels and then headed to the ocean.