27

I marched up to Misha. 

"Hello, darling. I'm so glad to see you!" He gave me a wink and then proceeded to take a sip of the hot cup of coffee sitting next to him.

"Your pranks are depriving me of sleep. All night I thought about your prank." I sat down next to him and started chewing away at my breakfast.

He laughed. "Which one?"

I groaned. "Misha. Stop playing pranks. Okay?"

"Anything for you, my love, " he said with another wink.

Alright. That was enough cheery and flirty Misha for one day. I took my food and walked back to my room. 

"Hey hey!" He caught up with me and took my arm. 

"We're going to the city. Stephan needs us to be gone today, all day. So get dressed, I'll come for you in five minutes."

I glared at him. "Make it ten. I need to finish my food."

He pressed a kiss to my forehead before I could resist. I walked away and heard him call after me, "I'll be waiting, darling!"

I rolled my eyes. I couldn't wait to go see the city of St. Petersburg with Misha, though, and so I decided to ignore his annoying self for the time being. 

I quickly ate my breakfast and then hurried to get dressed. 

I put on a creme shoulder-less blouse and light cafe brown business pants. I decided to throw on some leopard print stilettos, and although I usually didn't wear such prints, I decided it wouldn't hurt. A pair of simple pearl earrings complemented the look, as well as a white blazer. I was set to tour St. Petersburg!

Misha was patiently waiting for me outside the door

Misha was patiently waiting for me outside the door. He was whistling a tune, and his eyes were closed. 

I stepped closer to him, so I could scare him, but his eyes shot open before I could do anything. 

"You won't ever scare me, Maria." He whispered as he took my hand.

"Of course not. You're Misha. You have a lot of history that would prevent me from scaring you. All those gang fights, and near-death encounters..."

He gave me a strong, deadly, but very encaptivating stare. "Maria."

I winked at him. 

Woah. What? Did I just wink at Misha? Mikael Kuznetsov, my fake fiancee, the dangerous gang member that had feelings for me, and yes, I'll admit, I still had a few feelings for him...

Yes. Yes, I did wink at him.

I was such a different person! 

Suddenly, I was back on the beach...

Alexander led me away from the party and we walked along the beach. We were barefoot, yes, and the waves crashed against us. He held my hand and we simply walked along, silently.