16

It wasn't really too awful, this kidnaped life. I had a wonderful little home. Stephan allowed me to keep it all to myself, while he and Sasha and a few others stayed at a different home next to mine. They would constantly come over though, and just hang with me in the living room, while I cooked something up.

I had only gone to that one party on the first day of my kidnaped life and I learned what it means to be a wallflower.

I stood at the wall and wouldn't budge until Stephan took my arm and showed me around to some of the guests. But I very quickly retreated back to the wall and soon we left.

He'd allowed me to settle in before taking me to any other social gatherings. I was thankful. 

I'd been praying a lot too. It was definitely because this was my first, and hopefully the last kidnapping, and I had no idea what might happen. Stephan was kind to me so far, but who knew how long this would last? And so I just kept praying whenever I had a free moment, for me, my baby, and my Alexander.

"Maria!"

I looked up from the pot of soup that I was cooking. It was mushroom soup, a Russian classic, and I knew that Stephan loved it. And I actually loved it very much as well.

'So did Alexander.' A thought in the back of my mind reminded me.

'No. So does Alexander. He's not dead.' I told myself.

"Maria, are you deaf?"

I shook myself away from my thoughts and mumbled, "No. What is it?"

"After we eat, I'm taking you somewhere. You've been cooped up here long enough. Makes sense?" 

I nodded.

"Perfect. When's the soup ready?" Stephan asked, very ready to eat.

"In just a few minutes now."

"Great. I'll call the crew and you can set the table. 5 of us, not including you."

 I nodded. 

While Stephan went out to 'call the crew' I reached over into the cupboard and took out the beautiful plates lined with silver and blue flowers. They were so adorable. 

I quickly set the table and poured the soup and sat in my favorite spot. I waited for 'the crew' to arrive. They soon did. Stephan, most powerful who was obviously the leader; Shurik, he seemed to be good at fiddling with his fingers and opening locks and playing with wires; Eugene, he honestly didn't do much, just sat around with a very gruff look that never changed. I almost thought that it was carved into his face, and he was incapable of changing his expression. And Mikael, but all of us called him Misha, he was the joker of the crew and constantly pulled pranks, but he was a strong, buff man with a scar running up his arm and another scar on the back of his neck that made you question his nice, joking manner. Last was Sasha, who was simply a blonde maid who didn't talk and that was all I knew about her.

We sat, Stephan mumbled a quick prayer blessing the food, and we ate. I was the first one done, followed by Sasha since we were the ones who kept silent the entire time. 

I stood up to leave but Stephan stopped me.

"Dear, please clean up. And then get ready for the stroll we're taking. An outfit will be given to you."

He waved his fingers to Sasha who nodded and went to my room to prepare the outfit. I slid down in my chair and sighed. 

These guys weren't that bad. 

Stephan was quiet for the most part, but he would utter a few sentences every now and then. His voice reminded me of my father-in-laws' voice. Powerful but quiet, with a heavy accent and lots of command. As I said, you could clearly notice that he was the alpha, and not just from his voice. His tall, big, and muscular physique also made him look the largest and the way he always sat the front or walked up front gave it away.