10

A smile formed on my face when Alexander kissed my cheek before heading off to his office. Finally, life was normal. We weren't in Venice, he wasn't talking to me, we were working, and there was Laureli about to compliment me... ah, life was normal.

"Mrs. Vaslievna, you look lovely. That color suits you very well. How was your trip?" Laureli asked with a very chirpy attitude.

I couldn't help but smile back.

I was wearing a pale turquoise dress, similar to a robin's egg, with black outlines on my sleeves and shoulder, and a bow in the same outline. I had stilettos with a strange design print and stone earrings.

 I had stilettos with a strange design print and stone earrings

"It was... refreshing. The city's looked just like they did in pictures. But it is good to be back to my normal life." 

"That's good to hear. We have some news for you."

I frowned. Okay so maybe life wasn't exactly back to normal just quite yet.

"Yes, it is a secret package. No flowers, just a package. We didn't open it, but we can go ahead and do that for you if you would like." Laureli trailed off with a worried look plastered on her previous eager face.

"No, thank you, Laureli. Thank you so much for keeping an eye on everything and giving me all the information. I really do appreciate it."

I hurried to my office to see what this secret package was all about.

A neatly wrapped silver box, with a large red bow on top, sat in the middle of the desk. It looked like a Christmas gift, even though it was almost the end of July. I hesitantly reached over and stroked my fingers along the edge of the box.

My threatener didn't really seem to be the attacker type, and so I decided it would be safe to open this mysterious Christmas box.

I opened the lid and found a note that lay on top of white fabric. 

Wear this tonight. 

XOXO

I frowned. Okay, that was weird. Wear this to what exactly? And how am I supposed to get there? If I remembered correctly, Alexander wouldn't allow me to leave anywhere and somehow I thought my secret admirer knew that.

I sat at my desk and was about to see what was actually inside the box but a knock interrupted me. I had about three milliseconds to get rid of this box before someone, perhaps Alexander waltzed in and saw very strange gifts from very strange men.

I threw the box underneath my desk, and just in time because Alexander opened the door. Thank God he was taught to knock before entering.

"Yes?" 

"We're going to an evening party that is being hosted in honor of the opening of a new hotel of somebody that I know. Dress well. We're leaving the office at five, and then heading for the party from our house at seven. Makes sense?"