Chapter Two: The Flash (Elemental Drifters)

(Airi's apartment, Tokyo, Japan)
(11th August, Present day)

"Mmmm." Airi's soft voice was cute yet smoothing as she shifted herself on the bed.

Louis open his eyes after a nights sleep and saw the celling on top of him first. The morning rays from the window must have been the curpirt but it didn't matter. He was to wake up anyway.

He then turned to his left, eyeing at his girlfriend sleeping soundly beside him. They've been dating for a few months now but acted like a married couple.

Airi then opened her eyes slowly and stared at her boyfriend smiling.

"Good morning." She greeted first.

"O hai yo おはよ (good morning) Airi-chan." Louis tired his Japanese. "Was that right?"

The girl chuckled. "完璧でした. Kanpe kide shita (It was perfect.)" She said in Japanese testing if he understand but the black hair sat up from his bed revealing that he was topless.

"Ummm.... What was that?"

"It's perfect dummy." She said giggling cutely and got up as well. "I'll make breakfast then."

"Sure that'll be great."
______________________________________

After a morning shower, Louis went to the small dining table Airi had, greeted by a simple yet great American breakfast with sausages, eggs, bacon with bread and butter.

"Damn it's been one year already after that night." Louis thought, remembering the gloomy events the previous summer.

"Sensei I'm back now! I came back to complete your training."

"Your training *cough*."

"Was already completed."

"LOUIS FLASH!! I challenge you to one last battle!!!"

"So our Master can rest in peace!!"

Airi hummed in cheerfulness as she layed Louis share on the table.

"So today's a Saturday, how bout we go for some shopping later in the mall." Airi suggested towards Louis.

But the black haired hoodie was staring into space.

"Louis?" The purple hair titled her head cutely at him which the hoodie noticed instantly.

"Oh! sorry Airi. I spaced out like that." Louis apologized.

"Wow I've never seen you trail off like that so deeply before." The purple hair noticed. "Are you good?"

"Its Takeshi-sensei's 1st year anniversary of his passing." The hoodie stated. "And Friedland issued a challenge to me last year remember."

"And that's today." That sentence somehow made the lad uneasy. Sure he wanted to battle but he was unsure of the outcome. He'd battle Friedland twice and both battles were ties and really close matches.

"You had prepared for this moment right?" Airi asked as the hoodie nodded.

"But Thomas is a whole other opponent, I'd battle him twice but failed to win, even just taking the lead from him for a split second is hardcore."

*tyres squealing*

"This doesn't make any sense, I'm literally flying into these corners at 300 kilometers per hour but he's still pulling away!"

"He's a monster under the wheel of that FC, even I can't control Mercy with that level of percision."

"He's drifting over 350km/h!??"

"Nothing more scares me than that FC." Louis states.

"It's ok Louis-kun." The hoodie then found out Airi had hugged him from behind. "As long as you don't crash it's fine by me."

"Plus, you had so much experience battling with him. It won't be anything new but you two giving your all."

"So don't be afraid to fight."

Louis looked at his girlfriend behind and smiled. "Thanks Airi, I was just stressed a little."

"Anytime Louis-kun."

The hoodie then moved his head and kiss his purple hair girlfriend deeply as the morning rays found it's way into the kitchen window.