Chapter Three: Ruckus before the storm.....

(Esso Gas station, near the bottom of Mount Akina)
(22:00hrs)

An elderly man with graying hair sank onto his comfy sofa inside his office of his gas station.

"Time for my smoking break. ~hmm~ ~hmm~ ~hmm~" The man hummed as he flicked his lighter to light a cigarette.

Suddenly an employee busted open the door, startling his boss.

"Dude, could you knock would you!!!" The gas station boss roared.

"I'm sorry boss but you should see this!!" The employee then ran back him out.

"Stupid kids trying to ruin my break, can't they see that the great Lonely Driver is enjoying his---" The gas station boss widen his eyes with mouth agape after seeing tons of cars hogging his gas station for fuel. There were JDM, muscle and exotic car owners lining up to get gas, stretching as long as five blocks.

"WHERE THE HELL DID THESE PEOPLE COME FROM?!" The man cried as an employee came to him.

"Boss you don't know??? The final battle with The Drift King; Thomas Friedland and the Light Element; Louis Flash is happening tonight!!! These people are getting good spots!!"

"Today??!!!" The boss cried, his unlighted cigarette falling from his mouth. "Why wasn't I told about this???!!"

(Mount Haruna a.k.a Akina, Gunma prefecture, Japan)

People from all over the world hogged the mountain. It was getting so packed and intense that the staff members had to close some certain areas from the bursting crowd. Even the local police had to get involved.

The race was that anticipated after Thomas announcement the previous year. The news people even came, this time more than a dozen news companies had came to flim the race which was more the number than Louis' race with Clint Rider with only a few.

Ambulances were present, sending people down the mountain from collapsing from getting stuck in the huge crowds.

But those who were able to get good spots were about to witness the greatest race of the year, decade, century,

The greatest race of mankind....

At one of the many hairpins, the many teams that Thomas and Louis beaten were there spectating.

"This battle is gonna be huge, no doubt." Satoshi Nakazato also known as The Hulk for his green R35 GT-R commented.

"I'm so glad I was born this generation to witness this ultimate battle." Aisuke Sato the owner of a Persian blue Honda Civic FK8 coupe said.

"So Satoru, who do you think will win?" Seiichi asked his best friend beside him.

"Usually, I can take a guess on who will be able to win a race judging from their techniques or the way they tune their cars on the outside." The black hair prodigy said. "However,"

"This is a battle where even a guess that simple is unknown to me," The Takahashi stated, placing his thumb and finger on his chin in a thinking position. "Thomas is almost as smart, instinctive and fast as me in any way possible..... "

"But that Louis Flash, though I've only heard stories or seen in television, he seems crazily fast as well."

"And if he's constantly getting challenge by Friedland three times in a row now, you'll now it's definitely gonna get heated." Another voice came from behind them. The two young men in their 20s turned and saw a blue dyed 25 year old, walking stylishly towards them, behind him was his blue Mazda RX-7 Genki FD.