Chapter Six: Motive

----('Avoid' plays)----

Flying out of the corner and into the high speed section of the course. The RX-7 flew down the straights. It's rotary spooling like crazy, rotating around the engine bay like a live dorito chip high on steroids chasing after Louis.

Thomas then downshifted into a swift turbo drift at the next C-hairpin, only braking and pushing the gas into it

"He's not gonna lose me on these corners and straights, the rotary engine is too adaptable to these sort of terrain than his NA V8. I've still got lots of grip on my tyres as well."

"I've gotta catch up to him!!"

However, Louis was in the zone, he's hands blurred as they moved around the steering, shift pedals and handbrakes in seconds.

There were so many consecutive hairpins that the two drivers were only counter steering left and right throughout.

Louis glanced at his rear view behind with a hint of frustration in his face. "Come on Thomas, this isn't the overpowered supernatural drift maniac racer I know who made me battle over my limits twice."

"You can do better than this Friedland!!!"
______________________________________

"*static* The two cars are on top of each other now halfway through the course drifting all over the corners! Man, this is a race I'll never forget!! *static*" The radio wailed as the world was on the edge of their seats watching the epic race play out on the live drone feed.

"DAMN!" Katie cried upon seeing the two drift legends tandem drift into the corners on the ariel live stream footage. "How in the hell can they drift so close to each other at that DEMON OF A SPEED??!!"

"It's pretty simple actually," Airi stated behind. "Let's say you've been doing a particular task many times. Like your pizza deliveries Katie. You become so used to it that it becomes part of your life right?"

"Ya, I know all the roads in my hometown New York even with my eyes closed." The light blue hair replied.

"Exactly," Airi snapped her finger together. "The fact that both Louis and Thomas had been drifting at jet fighter speeds so many times that it's become embalmed into their minds. Their arms and legs move almost instinctively before they can think about how they would take the next hairpin at which speed and drift angle."

"They've done this so many times before that it has become automatic to their brain upon seeing a hairpin turn in front of them......"

"....AND THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM THE BEST!!"
______________________________________