chapter 4

Demi POV:

After  the success of the family barbeque. The next day was my day off and I wanted to spend time with Lexy which I didn't get to do much of lately.

"So baby girl I have a free day today but I got invited to Selly's party. You wanna come? I got Gia a baby sitter cause there aren't gunna be any 'kids' there but I think you know most people."

 "Sure I'll come to Selly's party I haven't seen her in ages and Josh and I haven't got any plans for tonight."

"Awesome lets go shopping for a dress." I smiled. I loved spending time with my eldest daughter but it didn't happen much now she's all loved up with Josh. The door bell rang.

"Gia! Miss Knight is here!" I yelled up the stairs. Miss Knight was Gia's tutor when she was suspended. I thought it was important for Gia to realise suspension is serious and she has to keep up with her school work.

 Gia bounced lively down the stairs. "Morning V."

"Morning kiddo. Lets get to work." Miss Knight replied entering the house. I pulled her to one side.

"Thanks for this Victoria. You are so good to us. If she's any trouble call me."

 "It's fine Gia is always good for me and I'd be happy to have her full time but I understand how important it is for Gia to attend public school."

"Thanks again... Maddie will be over about 4ish to babysit."

 "Cool laters Dems bye Lex."

"Bye V."  Lexy called as we headed out of the door.It took us forever to find the perfect dresses. In the end I ended up getting a classy red dress whilst Lexy got a pretty light pink one with a silver trim.

 "Lex I said to Miles that we would go get ready with her okay?"

"Sure I haven't seen Miles since like forever." My daughter giggled as we made our way over to my good friend Miley Cyrus.At Miley's I rang the door bell.

 "Demi gurl I haven't seen you in like forever... I'm so excited to see Selly again." Miley hugged me. It felt akward but like she said we hadn't seen her in like forever.

 "Yep the whole gang will be back together." I agreed. Miley went to hug Lexy.

 "Lex gurl you've grown up so much since I last saw you how are you babe? why don't you both come on in Austin is here." Austin is Miley's new boyfriend and is super hot. We walked in shutting the door behind us.

 "I'm fine smiley and yeah it's been five years already I'm nineteen now."

 "dang gurl where's the time gone? and I dropped the smiley thing when I got with Austin... he says it's babyish"We said hi to Austin and went to get ready.

Lexy POV:

I left Miley's room and bumped into Austin.

"wow doesn't someone look hot."

 "thanks Austin." I blushed as I entered the bathroom. Austin was like a year younger than my Mum but looked like Charlie from the kids programme my sister watched called Blue Water High. I left the bathroom and went back into Miley's room.

"Wow gurl you look hotter than me!" Miley grinned.

"Come here bubs let me curl your hair." Mum smiled. I let her curl my hair into tight ringlets. It's hard to believe two weeks today is my own 20th birthday. It doesn't seem that long since I was fourteen and just being adopted by my idol laying in her arms as she comforted me every night. Singing me softly to sleep. Carrying me in her arms. Just being Mum.  Now I'm Nineteen with a boyfriend and soon to be daughter. Mum is busy with her career and Gia. We don't get much time just me and her anymore. I can't go and cuddle up to her like I'm a little kid anymore. I miss the days when we could do that. Advice to anyone with a Mum as sweet and loving and protective as mine. Never grow up.