Chapter 11

Authors note: the picture down below is Sammy aged eight.

Lexy POV:

It's been about a week since Gia went back to America.  I'm about to make my way to set because they want to talk to me about an upcoming storyline for my character Jessie.

"Bae are you sure you're gunna be okay with Rydie and Paigey?" I ask Josh as I grab my bag. I was taking Sammy with me so I could spend some quality time with her afterwards.

"honey they're three years old I'm sure I can handle them."

"Bae I have them 50 % of the time I know what a handful they can be."

"Go to work honey and Sammy you be good okay."

"Of course Daddy." Sammy smiled as we got in the car."

*On set*

I held Sammy's hand as we walked on set. All of the cast are so nice and welcoming.

"Morning Lexy!"

"Morning Rita." I laughed hugging the actress who played party girl Roxy Mitchell.

"And how are you kiddo?" Rita bent down to say hi to Sammy.

"I'm good thanks Ri Ri." Sammy laughed as Rita tickled her.

"Do I have a long lost granddaughter now?" Jake joked walking past.

"No!... well... not yet anyway." I called after him.

"Good I'm too young to be a Granddad!" he laughed walking into his dressing room.

"Come on sweetie let's go find Mumma's boss." I smiled down at my perfect daughter.

*In the meeting*

"Morning Dom." I greeted.

"Morning Lexy, morning Kiddo... have a seat both of you."

"I hope you didnt mind me bringing Sam."

"No she is always welcome on set but you know the rules for the younger two... anyway down to business..."

"Yes so what is this storyline?"

"Well I was thinking and I think maybe your character should have a family so maybe an older sister and younger brother and cousins that turn up on the square."

"What so are you saying my character was adopted as a baby?"

"Yeah and her 'family', the one that adopted her turn up so she's gunna have an older sister,  younger bother and sister and older cousins who are extremely protective... do you mind?"

"No why should I?"

 "well your own childhood circumstances..."

"Dom are we seriously having this conversation? My childhood circumstances make me the perfect person to pull off a storyline like this! you should know me better than that Dom I never let my private life interfear with my work!"

"I know I just wanted to make sure."

"So who you got in mind to play Jessie's 'family' then?"

"do you want to meet them?"

"Well duh!" Dom opened the door and in walked a woman who was in her middle twenties, a little boy who must have been about 7, a little girl who was about 9, a man who must have also been in his middle twenties and a younger girl who must have been in her early twenties.

"Lexy this is Becka who will play your older 'sister' Mollie, Ben who will play your younger 'brother' Jace, Hannah who will play your younger 'sister' Scarlett, Harri who will play your 'cousin' Zack and Kirsty who will play Zacks sister Jenelle."

"Hey guys I'm Lexy and this is my daughter Sammy." I introduced bending down to speak with the younger children after I'd said hello to the 'adults' in the room.

"Lex can we quickly rush you into hair an makeup we need you to film a quick scene with Jacqueline... i know it's your day off but it is one scene."

"Sure, come on Sammy lets go get Mumma's makeup done quickly and I'll shoot this scene and then it can me a Mumma and Sammy afternoon." I took Sam's hand and was rushed by some other producers into hair and makeup.

* filming on set*

"Lauren that's not fair!"

"What so you haven't been in my life for years now you turn up and i'm meant to accept you!? Why haven't you got in touch before?how do I know you aren't lying?"

"Things were complicated! Look at us we are identical how can i be lying?"

"That's a wrap guys!" I heard a producer yell I bounced off set only to find a worried Samantha Womack waiting for me.

"What's wrong Sam?" I asked panicking because I couldn't see little Sammy anywhere.

"Sammy is being sick, Maddy found her throwing up in the bathroom and I saw Maddy walking with Sammy back to her dressing room and she told me to come get you but you were filming so I had to wait but she's crying for you."

"Thanks Sam... please take me to her." Samantha walked with me to Maddy's dressing room where I found Maddy Hill who plays Nancy Carter holding back the hair of my little girl whilst she threw up.

"Hey baby you feeling?"

"Icky Mumma." Was the reply I got inbetween my daughter throwing up.

"Okay baby we'll get you home now okay... thankyou for looking after her Madds."

"It's fine us girls gotta stick together, hey Sammy." My little girl had stopped being sick, I had wiped her face and she was now sitting cuddled up against Maddy's chest with Maddy's arms wrapped around her.

"uh huh... me wuv you Maddy." Sammy whispered snuggling deeper into my colleagues chest.

Aww you're not so bad yourself little one." Maddy smiled. Then Sammy's eyes shut and she was not responding to any of us.

"I need to take her to hospital, Maddy will you help me take her to the car?" I asked knowing my little girl was seriously ill.

"Why don't I come with you? I'll sit in the back with Sammy and keep an eye on her."

*in the car*

Maddy POV:

I got in the back of the car next to Sammy. I had never really had much to do with Lexy as we hadn't had any scenes together yet but I knew she was an amazing actress and a wonderful mother and this little girl who I was sat next to was so sweet she had melted my heart. I know on her first day Lexy had said she loved my character Nancy and looked up to me but that's all she has ever actually said to me.

"Madds I know we never really talk or anything but Sammy loves you and you know I admire you... when Sammy's better d'you wanna hang out?" She asked as we pulled up at the hospital.

"Sure i'd love that." I smiledas I helped get Sammy out of the car.

*in hospital ward*

The doctor came out of her room and Lexy who now had Josh by her side stood up.

"What's wrong with her?"

"Well....."