Chapter 5

Dallas POV:

The doorbell rung again. Lexy who was laying on my lap  asleep jumped.

"It's okay bubs it's just Mumma." I reassured her as I went to get up. She took hold of my arm before I could leave.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes baby I called her." She let go of my arm and I went to let Demi in.  

" I got Maddie to babysit Gia as she's trying to book a plane to fly home tomorrow...How is Lex? What's happened?" My sister asked trying to rush through the door to get to her daughter.

"LJ was at that party tonight..." I whispered. She immedately knew where this was leading.

"I'm gunna kill him... I'm actually going to kill that boy" Demi muttered through gritted teeth as I showed her through to where Lexy was now sitting up.

"Baby girl." Demi sighed opening her arms which Lexy ran into .

Demi POV:

I was shocked at what my older sister had told me but even more worried that Lexy felt like she couldn't talk to me about it.

"I'm sorry Mum"

"It's okay Lex... next time something bad happens you need to come to me though okay?" Lexy nodded. "Now I'm gunna phone my manager and book some time off I don't wanna be leaving you... not for a few days... you might be an adult in two weeks Lex but you'll always be my little girl." She pulled away from the hug.

"I love you Mum."

"I love you too sweetie." I replied phoning up my manager Max.

"Demi it's late can't it wait till the morning?" Max grumbled as he picked up my call.

"No... look I can't explain what's going on so you're just gunna have to trust me... I need some time off I don't know how long but clear my diary for three weeks."

"okay... hang on... wait... what?"

"Just do it Max I need to be with Lexy right now."

"She's an adult Dem she has her own life."

"I know but she's still my baby and something's happened and I need some time."

"Boyfriend trouble?...you can't just clear your scheduel for three weeks everytime Lexy has a lovers tiff"

"No. Just clear the damn diary."

"Fine b..."

"Oh and book me an aeroplane ticket for Dallas Texas for tomorrow."

"Just one?"

"yeah... actually no for Gia and Maddie..."

"I'm not going to even bother asking..."

"No Max it's best you don't." I replied before hanging up. I pulled Lexy onto my lap.

Lexy POV:

I sat in Mum's lap like a helpless little child. "What happens now?" I asked lifting my head up from her chest the way Sammy does to me when I say the words bed time. 

"Now we call the police." I sighed. I knew that was coming.

"Fine but can we wait until the morning I need to talk to Zoey. She's my friend and I don't want it all to come as a shock."I managed to croak out.

"Sure honey but the police will be informed." My Mum was firm. Laying in her arms like a baby I felt safe. I felt loved. Protected. I must have fallen asleep because the next day I awoke in my Mum's room at home laying next to her.