Chapter 9

2 months later Ash was back in school. Serena hasn't been able to see him since the incident at the hospital. She was very excited to see Ash. When Serena arrived at school she sat down on the bench near the entrance of the school. When she saw Ash walking towards her she ran up to him and gave him a warm embrace. He returned the embrace. "Hey Serena!" He said.

"I guess cheerful Ash is back then."

"I'm just lucky to be alive."

"Speaking of that. Do you remember anything about the hospital?"

"Other than the torture of having to lay in bed all day. No."

"Oh..okay." Serena was disappointed that he didn't remember saying "You're so gorgeous" to Serena and everything that Serena said to him.

"Garret helped me recover too. Garret is a true best friend, you know. He always has my ba-"

"OF COURSE I DO!" Garret came from behind Ash. Ash then turned around and back away. Slamming into Serena a little.

"Garret. What the hell."

"Sorry. So, you doing fine?"

"I'm great!" Ash replied.

"That's awesome." Garret gave him a thumbs up. "Gotta get to class. You should too."

"Oh yeah. Class." Ash looked down. "The one thing I didn't miss." Serena giggled. "Bye Serena."

"Bye Ash!" Class was pretty boring as usual. After school Ash invited Serena to the new orphanage they were staying at. Serena followed him to the new place. Serena walked in and looked around. "Wow they did a really good job with this."

"I know. Look, I'm going to go wash up. You can stay here I guess."

"Oh okay." Serena replied. She sat down on one of the wooden chairs next to the door.

"Hey. I'm sorry for...everything." Garret came up to her. "I guess I can be overprotective of my buddy. You can date him if you want."

"I don't know if I can. I'm just so scared to ask. I need your help."

"Okay, I'll help you get a date with him."

"Really! Alright whats the plan."

"Hmmm, you can write him a note to meet up at a fancy restaurant."

"I don't know. Maybe."

"Then you should build up the courage to ask him yourself."

"Ugh, I don't know about that either. There has to be another idea."