Truths (?)

Hoseok POV

I stood there, without moving as Taehyung stared at me, eyes as serious as they could be. A revolution ? Here ? What did it mean ? And why did Taehyung want to participate ? Will Jimin be okay ? And what about us ? For once in my life, I didn't know what to say. All the questions popping up in my head made me unable to organize my ideas enough to speak.

"You should leave" finally said the omega, looking away.

That's when I regained my ability to form words.

"Taehyung ! Wait a minute and talk to me !" I pleaded, grabbing the metallic bars that imprisoned Tae.

"There's nothing to talk about, Hoseok." He said coldly. "I'm taking part in the revolution. That's it."

"What do you mean that's it ?!? Do you even realize what it means ??? You..."

"Of course I realize what it means Hoseok !!! I'm not stupid !!!" Yelled Tae, walking to me. "If I want to take part in this it, it's because I know what I could do and how important I could be in this !!!"

"What about Jimin, huh ??? Are you not supposed to protect him ??? You know that a revolution does lead to everyone in the royal family getting killed right ? Do you want Jimin to be killed ?"

Tae's eyes looked like they were about to burst out of his head with how wide they were opened. His fists were clenched and his face was red.

"I don't want him to be killed !!! I want to get rid of the king !!! Jimin has nothing to do in this !!! I wouldn't have accepted if my best friend's life was in danger because of it !!!"

-What ?

He took a deep breath and turned around so his back was facing me.

"A couple of months ago, I got approached by this new girl in the guard. She said she wanted to talk to me about something so I followed her. She explained that... Not everyone in the kingdom was happy with the current king. Even the most "pro-alpha" douches were starting to think that he was going too far, marrying his son and only heir to the throne to an unknown prince of an other country. She said that they wanted him off of the throne and since Jimin would probably already be married to Yoongi by that time, they agreed on letting him live if... If... He left with Yoongi for his country."

"So you agreed to it, knowing that your friend would be forced to leave the place where he was born ??? Did you not heard him talking when he said he wants to explore the island ???"

"I didn't accept on the spot of course !!! But after everything that happened, do you still think I have a choice ??? The king threw me in a fucking dungeon before throwing Jimin almost dead tired to an alpha in rut !!! That asshole can't rule any longer and I will be making sure of that !"

I was about to reply something before I heard voices. But not the reassuring kind. The kind that reminded me of the two guards that didn't want to let me through earlier.

"Shit..." cursed Tae. "Hoseok, you have to leave. Now" he said, walking closer to me. His eyes had lost their anger and were now full of worry for me. I looked at him and passed my hands between two bars to cup the omega's face with my hands.

"I... Can't say I support everything that this "revolution" thing implies but...Just please... Don't die... I would like to show you around my country too !"

I saw sparkles in his eyes before he took my hand to caress it with his thumb. He smiled at me, full of confidence.

"Don't worry about me Hoseok ! And you, protect Jimin when I'm away."