and we're gonna do some winter things

"my baby's in town and we're gonna do some winter things"

~tuesday, the 18th of december~

Amanda's show rehearsals are on hold until January and she knows how she wants to spend her first weekday with no place to be. Thankfully her best friend doesn't actually have a job.

"I do have a job!" Ally shouts dramatically. Amanda rolls her eyes.

"You know what I meeeaaan. You don't have to be anywhere and you won't be fired or anything," Amanda explains and Ally crosses her arms and huffs.

"Okay, but what if I write an entire feature film today and sell it for millions?" Ally sasses.

"Considering that hasn't happened yet, I think you'll be fine taking one day off," Amanda says, pulling her phone out. Ally sits down at the island, huffing.

"What are you doing?" Ally asks trying to see her phone from across the island.

"Calling Louis, we gotta get them to call in sick," Amanda says.

"Ohhh, we scheming? Amanda, I can't believe you want them to lie... I'm so proud," Ally fakes brushing away tears before Amanda hits her on the arm. "Ow," Ally flinches away and gets her phone out to call Niall. They both flirt enough that the boys can't say no but really it wouldn't have taken much to convince Louis and Niall to agree to a day out in New York City instead of going to work. So, they called in sick, not really caring about how obvious it was when they both called in, to the same boss, to say they were too sick to come into work. Not suspicious at all.

Ally and Amanda got ready after agreeing to meet the boys at the Starbucks across the street. When they arrived both Niall and Louis had ordered drinks for the girls. Amanda kissed Louis' cheek, making him blush a little.

"So what are we doing?" Niall asks while pulling Ally close to him and wrapping his arm around her waist. Ally gestures to Amanda.

"This was your idea," Ally says, and Amanda smiles at the thought of her idea.

"Central park looks beautiful in the snow," Amanda can't hold back her excited grin. Ally and Louis groan.

"It's cold!" Louis complains but one look at Amanda's pleading eyes and he's done for. He sighs and nods. "Let's go," Louis says, standing up and holding Amanda's hot cocoa for her. Niall hands Ally his gloves and Ally smiles at him gratefully, even if she can't fit one of them over her cast, it's the thought that counts.

The four of them make their way to the crowded subway to commute to 5th Avenue. Everyone around them is well-dressed, in suits and skirts, ready for their big city careers. The atmosphere was a lot less stressful when you weren't commuting to work, but rather you were going to a winter wonderland.

As they got off the subway, the streets are slightly less busy now that everyone's made it to work. Amanda tells Niall to keep an eye on Ally as she usually doesn't bother to look both ways before she confidently crosses the street. Niall nervously holds onto to Ally's hand tightly and Amanda feels glad that Ally has someone looking out for her, and that she doesn't have to do that anymore.

They split off once they enter the park, agreeing to meet at the same place in about an hour. Louis and Amanda walk through the park where it's mostly secluded and you could barely see the skyscrapers anymore.

"It's so wonderful," Louis mused, looking around at the peaceful atmosphere, feeling as though he was in Narnia or something. "London doesn't have anything like this."

"Well is London the best city in the world?" Amanda teases and Louis pretends to think about that.

"I think I've read that somewhere, yeah," Louis jokes, making Amanda laugh and shove his shoulder. Louis catches her hand as they walk and intertwines their fingers together. Amanda breathes in the cold air and it soothes her in a way nothing else really could.