maybe i miss you

~tuesday, the 18th of december~

"I'm not joking, you are not getting in my car," Amanda said sternly.

"Well, then how am I going to get to Boston?" Ally shouted, annoyed. Amanda shrugged.

"You could get a plane ticket," Amanda suggests but Ally huffs.

"I can't afford to buy a plane ticket the week before Christmas," She says, annoyed. Amanda hums.

"Well then maybe you should've told your parents about the accident," Amanda said.

"What are they gonna do?"

"You didn't tell them!?" Niall shouted, his face turning pale. Ally waved him off.

"It's fine, I won't bring you into it," She tells him but that doesn't make Niall feel any better. "Amanda, come on, you have to let me go with you, it's tradition!" Ally whined, but Amanda just shook her head.

"She'll be fine, babe, just let her come," Louis tried, knowing that Niall would be miserable to be around without Ally. Amanda pretended she wasn't listening as she starting cutting wrapping paper. Ally glared at her before huffing dramatically and grabbing her phone. She stood up to dial her Dad's phone number. He answered right away and Ally put him on speaker phone.

"Hey, sweetie, what's up?" He asked happily and Ally sighed.

"I was going to wait to tell you later but... I was in a car accident, and I kind of broke my wrist," She admits and her dad goes silent for a moment.

"Well shit... when did this happen? Are you okay?" John asked, sounding like he was in shock. Ally watched as Niall put his face in his hands, probably feeling guilty.

"I'm fine, it was just a couple days ago, I'm all good," Ally says, "But now, Amanda's being stubborn and won't let me get in the car with her to drive to Boston," She tells him, looking down and scowling at Amanda but she just smiled up at Ally.

"Well, how about you wear safety gear in the car?"

"Dad, no,"

"That way, you won't be hurt!" John says and Ally watches as a wide smile grows on Amanda's face.

"Yes!" She shouts excited. Ally groans, really regretting putting her dad on speakerphone. Amanda stood up and grabbed the phone. "John, that is genius,"

"Oh, hi Amanda," He says. Ally falls onto the couch, grumbling complaints. "Is everything okay with Ally?"

"She's great, how are you?" Amanda made conversation. Ally got up to fight for her phone but Amanda just shoved her away.

"Okay, nice talking, bye Dad! Hang up!" Ally shouted as Amanda tried to keep her phone out of reach.

"Bye girls, love you!" John laughed and hung up. Amanda handed Ally her phone and stuck her tongue out at her. Ally flopped back onto the couch.

"I hate you," Ally grumbled as she snuggled into Niall. Amanda grinned and went back to wrapping gifts.

"I'll get you a helmet, don't worry," Amanda smirked and Ally threw a pillow at her.

~wednesday, the 19th of december~

Amanda woke up to an empty bed that morning, and her apartment felt the most silent it had been in a long time. She shuffled around lazily, looking around her bedroom. No sign of Louis. Hmm. Amanda thought about just going right back to sleep but then her phone vibrated.

It was half-past eleven, and Ally texted her to ask if she was awake. Amanda sighed but replied a short 'yes'. Ally told her she was out shopping and she could come to meet her if she wanted to. Amanda replied that she'd think about it. For now, she just wanted to stay in bed, where it was warm, but not warm enough. She missed Louis, and it made her feel like a love-sick fool, but she didn't really care because it was Louis, and they felt the same. Amanda smiled, wrapping herself in her warm comforter. The sheets smelled like Louis' aftershave and it made Amanda never want to wash the smell out of just keep Louis in her bed forever. Both sound like great options.