i'll be home for christmas

~friday, the 21st of december~

Amanda knew her Christmas present to Louis was going to be a little extravagant, but she couldn't help herself. This Christmas, she had someone she never imagined would stumble into her life and she was feeling warm and loved. Ally couldn't believe it when she told her that she was paying for Louis' ticket home.

"Holy shit, does he know?" Ally whispered, even though they were alone in their apartment for the first time in a while. Now that Amanda had made the other three boys their best friends, they had been over for dinner the last three days. They had actually just left their apartment. Niall and Louis leaving with frowns but they had to get their stuff together to pack.

"Not yet, I'm gonna surprise him with it on Christmas," Amanda smiled, excited to see him so happy. Ally smiled and then remembered something.

"Oh, the boys said his birthday is on Christmas Eve," Ally told her and Amanda's jaw dropped.

"Seriously? We have to have a party!" Amanda said and Ally laughed.

"What, in Boston?" She asked and Amanda nodded. Ally should've figured she meant that a party would consist of just the four of them and a cake.

"Oh, this is gonna be great," Amanda squealed, while Ally did a little excited dance before they went back to watching Netflix. Amanda knew this Christmas might be one of the best she's had in a long while.

~saturday, the 22nd of december~

Ally and Amanda woke up at nine in the morning to leave for Boston. First and foremost, Ally had to get armored up.

"Amanda, I'm not wearing that," Ally said sternly. Amanda strapped knee pads onto her. Ally squirmed but she was really annoyed by the helmet.

"You're not getting in my car without it," Amanda told her stubbornly. Ally groaned dramatically like a child. Amanda stood up to strap elbow pads on her and then buckled the helmet. Ally was already wearing a snowsuit for extra protection and it's honestly the stupidest she's ever looked.

"Niall's gonna break up with me, because of this," Ally pouted, barely being able to gesture to herself because of the puffy snowsuit.

"I don't care," Amanda said, grabbing their bags and walking out the door. Ally shuffled out, closing and locking the door before hopping down the hall to catch up with Amanda.

They packed everything into the car and set off to get the boys, first stopping to get Starbucks of course. The two of them showed up at the boys' apartment with their orders, tea for Louis and a latte for Niall. When Liam opened the door they smiled and hugged each other, right after Liam laughed at Ally for a good thirty seconds. They walked in and saw all the boys eating breakfast together like a cute little family. Again, everyone laughed at Ally and she had to scowl at them for a minute. Niall went over and kissed her though, and that lessened the scowl just a little. They all said goodbye to Louis and Niall, and the girls hugged the boys' goodbye as well, because why not?

Niall and Ally climbed into the back seat while Louis joined Amanda up front, as Amanda was taking the first hour to drive. Amanda and Louis felt like parents watching Niall and Ally argue about what snacks were theirs and then finally decide to just share. Louis rolled his eyes. The road trip was a fun one for sure, especially since Amanda didn't have to sit there monitoring Ally's driving for an hour and a half like usual. Instead, she just wasn't allowed to drive.

"Why can't I drive next?" Ally pouted and they pulled into a rest stop to let Louis drive. Niall tried convincing them that Louis wasn't the best driver either and he tends to break cars somehow. Amanda told the two of them that he's still a better option than letting Ally drive. Ally huffed, but laid down on Niall's lap anyway. "Can I at least take the helmet off?"