on the first day of christmas, my true love gave to me

"on the first day of christmas, my true love gave to me, a latte and a bruised knee"

~~~

~saturday, the 8th of december~

"Amanda, come on!" Ally shouted from their living room, waiting for Amanda to finish brushing her hair. Ally looked down at her pink watch, they wanted to leave thirty minutes ago. This is the life of living with a latie, Ally shrugged. They'd been living together since they graduated high school, in a tiny apartment in the heart of New York City; Ally working as a freelance filmmaker and Amanda working hard to make it big on Broadway, and it's been working well. Ally and Amanda are a sit-com worthy duo, it's a little crazy. Sure, they have other friends, but they have no one like each other. No one as blunt as Ally, or as loud as Amanda and no one who could understand they're cryptic inside jokes.

"I'm coming, jeez!" Amanda shouted as she came out of the bathroom putting on a hat with Charlie Brown characters all over it, and a pompom on the end. Ally frowned deeply.

"I am not going in public with you like that," She snapped, and Amanda rolled her eyes.

"Well you're gonna have to deal with it," Amanda snapped back as she collected her pink penguin wallet and their key, slipping it into her petticoat.

"Where are we even going?" Ally groaned before following Amanda out of their apartment.

"It's a surprise," Amanda sing-songed, as she walked into the elevator and pressed the button to the lobby.

"That means I wouldn't have agreed to go if you did tell me where we were going, so great." She said, sarcastically. "This is awful. Can we go to Starbucks?" Amanda rolled her eyes at her best friend, but smiled and agreed.

~~~

"Ice skating, Nialler, really? What are we, twelve?" Louis complained, tying up his skates quickly.

"It'll be fun! You gotta get into the Christmas spirit, Lou!" Niall cheered as he adjusted the hat on his head flattening down his blonde hair. Louis rolled his eyes as Niall started singing It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas in his (actually pretty decent) Michael Bublé impression.

"Shut up! It's fooking freezing Ni, I wanna go home," Louis said, and Niall just laughed at him loudly.

"We just got here! We're not even on the ice yet!"

"Yeah, well I hate it already," Louis complained, "Bah humbug," He grumbled, making Niall laugh so loud people started staring.

~~~

"I can barely roller skate, Amanda, why did you think I could figure this out?" Ally whined, practically stomping on the ground so she wouldn't have to put on the skates in front of her. Amanda groaned at her, flipping her long hair as she tied up her own skates.

"You'll get the hang of it, I promise," Amanda told her and Ally scoffed dramatically. They were at the famous Rockefeller Plaza and it was absolutely beautiful, decorated so wonderfully. Ally had to admit that it felt like something out of a film, and she loves that kind of shit.

"I will not! How the fuck am I supposed to figure out how to skate with the knives on my feet?" Ally groaned and Amanda chuckled. Eventually, Amanda rams the skates onto her feet after having to promise to make her dinner tonight. Amanda sighs, they both really need boyfriends or else they're gonna end up marrying each other.