horses dashing through the snow

~thursday, the 27th of december~

Amanda falls asleep on Louis' shoulder as soon as they get on the train at the South Station. It was comfortably cold and there weren't many people just a few days after Christmas, and in this weather, people probably expected delays. Despite the snow, there weren't any delays, just beautiful scenery as Amanda drifted off to sleep for an hour. Louis held her close, smiling down at her as she slept. Suddenly, his phone rang, it was Harry FaceTiming him. Louis answered as soon as he put headphones in, smiling as he realized Harry, Liam, and Zayn were hanging out together.

"Hey, lads!" Louis said to them, as the boys waved.

"Is that Amanda?" Harry asked instead of greeting him, and Louis showed her sleeping face. "Aww," He cooed.

"Yeah, we're on the train, so she fell asleep," Louis explained.

"Is Ally there?" Zayn asked and Louis laughed at him.

"Mate, Nialler's gonna kill you if you keep acting like you fancy his girl," Louis tells him and Zayn shrugs.

"Whatever, so they're not there?" Zayn questioned and Louis shook his head. "Sick, so we kind of put together some money, we're gonna get you two tickets to come home," They all smiled and Louis smiled wide at them. Such thoughtful boys.

"Actually... Amanda already got me a ticket to come home," Louis smiled and the boys all cheered and shouted in surprise.

"That's so cool, so we'll get Ni a ticket," Liam said, already going on his phone. Louis nodded at them.

"Yeah, I hated seeing his face when I got a ticket and he couldn't go home," Louis told them. Liam nodded and typed away at his phone.

"We'll surprise it with him tomorrow," Liam tells him, always wanting to look out for their blonde best friend.

"How are you guys?" Harry asked and Louis couldn't help but smile.

"We're really great," Louis grinned, looking down at her sleeping form. "And Niall and Ally are doing great as well, even though Niall's almost killed her twice now,"

"Oh my god, Ni," Liam groans, hiding his face into his hands. Louis chuckles at the boys as they shake their heads. "Niall gets dumped by every girl he ever dates and now he's gonna kill this one," The boys laugh as Liam gets genuinely stressed about this. Louis and his best friends talk for a little bit before Harry's mom comes in and tells them their tea is done and they have to hang up on Louis because he's laughing too hard at Anne still making the grown men tea, just the way they like it.

Soon after the call ends, Amanda wakes up on his shoulder, snuggling in closer to him for warmth. Louis kisses her nose, making her smile even as she's trying to fall back to sleep. The train pulls into the station though, so Louis nudges her gently. Amanda opens up her bright eyes and Louis gets distracted for a moment, looking at her. Amanda looks around, bleary-eyed and a bit confused but then Louis kisses her lips gently and she doesn't care where she is as long as Louis and his soft lips are there.

Louis pulled away and stood up as the train stopped. "Why are you wearing headphones?" Amanda asked as he intertwined their fingers together.

"Liam, Haz, and Zayn called me," Louis told her and Amanda pouted.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I want to talk to them," She whined and Louis scoffed, smiling fondly.

"Thought you wanted to sleep, love," Louis told her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. Amanda frowned.

"Now I have to call them later," Amanda said and Louis just laughed at her.

"They're gonna buy a ticket for Niall to come home as well," Louis told her and Amanda smiled up at him as they walked through the station. Amanda knew the way to go, and she'd already texted Mia to come pick them up outside.