Chapter 9

As everyone enjoying the party, Cassandra told Juliette about het relationship with Elijah. Elijah was full of anger that Cassandra waved her hand, giving a smile and putting her arm around Juliette. "In a past life. By seeing Elijah was as if we were together in a past life which was amazing, don't you think, Elijah?" She wicked at Elijah which made him a bit relief and irritated with Cassandra. She has no business in saying something like that.
"Juliette I don't believe we had a chance to get to know each other since your father is helping with my father with his business. Just us girls, if you like."

"Yes I like to get to know each other since my father is helping your father, same with him dealing with some business. It'll be fine, let's head to the garden because I feel that's a great place to be alone and talk."

"Don't you want some company for in case of anything?"

"No it's fine. We'll be back."

"Cassandra, enjoy her company and please."

"Anything. Let's go."

"Flynn."

"I'm already on it."

"Step in if anything she says about us pops up. I don't trust her with Juliette."

"Got it." Elijah can trust Flynn with anything, he even trust Flynn with his life. Elijah made his way through everyone and spotted Renny, enjoying herself as the women near her were looking judgmental and probably gossiping. Heading towards Renny, Renny turned to gaze at the women and smirked at them and blow a kiss at them which made them walk away hearing rude comments towards her.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself. Does it bother you in how they look at you or talk bad about you?"

"Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I enjoy seeing them like that because I'm here. A poor girl who works as a stripper, from District 40. I love getting them mad that someone like me could be here, they hate the fact that someone from the lowest District comes to a party like this."

"I heard they send dead threats as well."

"Please, they never pull through with the threats. We know how to fight and be aware of they want to do. Walk with me if you like." I felt the stares by the women but they were all going towards Renny, who kept on smiling and took an old woman's glass of champagne and drank it. "Thanks for the drink."

"Someone like her shouldn't be here."

"Street Cat."

"Street Cat?"

"It's used for girls, the Street Cats because we look beautiful and gentle on the outside but vicious and ready to fight on the inside. As for boys, well, Street Rat. We are called by many nicknames but if you ever go to District 40, we are called, Street Pussycat and Dog. We don't have the rights to be called humans because of how we are. We fight to survive and will do anything what it takes."

"I would like to go District 40 and see how it is. See it for myself how bad it is."

"Bad enough that the cops won't come since it's hopeless. I never went back to see how it is now, not planning to."

"Would you if you have a chance? With Juliette."

"If she asked me to go with her then maybe. But I may take her to show her what's going on over there if she's going to clean the districts up. Change the ways and do good as Boss."

"Hey what do you know about Juliette? As she may have told you, we'll be giving it a year to work our marriage out."

"Yeah she told me. If you want to work things out with Juliette, want her to love you back is back off a little. Don't push yourself with the chance you get, show her you care and love her. I know Juliette doesn't care shit about you since it was an arranged marriage but I know deep down there could be a chance. Juliette want to do it on her terms, let her feel what she needs to feel if she wants to be with you."