Chapter 40

A week has passed for Elijah to fully recovered with his injuries, Flynn comes by late at night whenever he can. Once Elijah was well enough, Flynn hesitated to tell Elijah about what had happened to his father but told him everything. Elijah didn't take it so well as he cried for the loss of his father but calmed down a little while after he shared the news about them being half brothers. Elijah was surprised and was quiet, Flynn stayed when Elijah spoke, "I'm not really angry that the fact my dad is your dad but I'm actually happy. I was alone until I met you and we became like brothers. But now we're really are brothers. I have an older brother."

"I'm older for a day. But yeah."

"I'm angry at the fact that I have to stay here then being with Lettie. The fact that she's in pain for me being dead is killing me! I should be there for her and tell her I'm alive!"

"As much I agree with you in doing that but we can't. I'm known to be always right and you dead helps because Juliette is devastated by her loss. I'm wrong for the first time and this helps with us planning something with Maverick."

"I still can't believe he's willing to help us but your right. Your never wrong but this time you are. It's going to be hard not to be with Lettie after we agree on adopting Rocky and Dash."

"Are you now? That's something. A big step for you two."

"They deserve a life where they don't have to worry about fighting everyday in the District. I want them to have a chance. Now I'm not there to do that with her. I'm not sure I can handle leaving Juliette this long. Not after she confessed to me."

"You'll see her again and when that happens, you two can be happy with your small family and forget about Margaret and Victor."

Maverick entered the room and poured some whiskey.
"Drink. You need you're strength. I got word that Victor is going to take the girl soon."

"What? No he can't!"

"Hey easy! We're going to let him take Rocky?"

"For my men can follow him and tell us where he could be. Be prepared to fight and talk to Juliette and Rebecca. Elijah you stay here for a few more hours to rest." The door slightly opened and both Flynn and Elijah was surprised to see a young girl at the door, she was to be 4, blonde hair and ran to Maverick.
Never in they're lives see Maverick smile with joy and such happiness. Maverick lifted up the young girl, kissing her cheeks, making her laugh and she kissed his nose.

"What are you doing up, mouse? You supposed to be in bed." The girl whispered into his ear and he smiled, "I apologize for not reading you a story when I tucked you in. How about this, I read you two tonight and a new doll and a pretty dress. How about that?" She softly nodded and whispered into his ear again, "He's alright, and alright, you can see him." Maverick put the girl down and she slowly made her way over to Elijah, she had blue eyes and pointed his stomach, he gently sat up, "I'm OK. It doesn't hurt anymore. What's you're name? I am Elijah."

"I'm Flynn."

She covered her face to giggle and ran to Maverick who kneed down to her level, she whispered into his ear, "They are friends of Ris. Now go and get to bed, mouse. I'll be there to read you a story." She nodded and Maverick gave her a little flashlight that was shaped of a heart to find her way back to her room.

"Is she Christian's sister?"

"From my third wife, yes."

"Can she talk?"

"She's shy around people. She doesn't talk but when she does she talk in a low voice, like a mouse."

"What's her name?"