Part 32

Maggie

Greer and I got ready in my room. I put her hair into pigtails, she looked adorable. I let her brush my hair, and I shared my perfume with her.

"Are you ready?" She flashed me a huge smile and nodded yes.

"Remember, your dad promised me cotton candy. You have to have my back on that one." She gave me a fist pump and then we shook on it. "Princess code." We both laughed.

Asher was talking to Matthew when we went downstairs. They both looked at me, and their topic of conversation was obvious.

"We're ready." Greer and I stood hand in hand.

"You both look extra pretty today," Asher said.

"Thanks, daddy."

Greer has been a different girl since she first talked to Asher about being his daughter. I'm surprised she didn't shut down after Jack stormed our home, but she was happy to hear the bad man won't be coming back anytime soon. Her childhood can finally begin, and I can see that's a priority for Asher.

Matthew drove us to the park, and said we just need to call him when we're ready to leave.

We each held one of Greer's hand, and she hasn't stopped smiling yet. First, we got on the Ferris Wheel and she hung on to her daddy for dear life. She said she's never been on a ride before, which I find so sad.

Then we took her into the funhouse, and I've never seen her laugh so hard. We were making funny faces in the mirror when Asher tickled her. "Princess code, Aunt Maggie!" That means I've got her back.

I started trying to tickle Asher, but he's a fucking brick wall and it did no good. I tried to get away, but he tickled me from behind and I almost fell over laughing, but he held me up.

"Princess code!" I laughed and Greer tried to tickle him.

Finally, we had held up the line enough, and moved on to the bumper cars. Greer rode with me, and she drove into Asher over and over again. It's great seeing Greer so happy for such a long period of time.

"Where's Aunt Maggie's cotton candy?"

Asher shook his head with a chuckle. "Come on, let's do this."

Greer loved the cotton candy, but she was a sticky mess, so I had to take her into the bathroom and clean her up.

"I wish it could be like this every day."

"Like what, sweetie?" I wiped her face with a paper towel.

"Laughing and having fun with you and my daddy."

"We will have more days like today," I promised.

"I hope so." She said.

We walked out, and Asher was on his cell arguing with someone. I could tell he was pissed, but tried to hide it when he hung up.

"Is everything okay?" I whispered to him.

"Just fucking peachy." He whispered back.

He finally loosened back up when we stopped on the bridge to watch the water log ride.

"I don't want to ride that one." Greer shook her head no.

"Watch, they're about to go over the waterfall."

I looked around. "Where's your dad?"

Suddenly, the water splashed us and we were soaking wet. Asher was off to the side laughing and dry as a bone. Greer was laughing too.

"You!" I pointed at him.

"What?" He laughed.

"You knew that would happen!" He ran, and I chased after him. He ran a circle around Greer and stopped. I paused to see which way he would move. Then he faked me out and went the other direction.

"Get him, Aunt Maggie!"

I laughed and then I faked him out and caught him. I hugged him to get him wet and he tried pulling away, but I didn't budge. "Now we're all wet!" Greer laughed.

"You're evil!" He laughed as I rubbed against him and he got wet.

Greer finally broke us up, and we walked sopping wet around the park looking for our next adventure. We tried to talk her into a kiddie roller coaster, but she had no interest.

We ended up at the games, and we all played the water guns. We had other competitors, so we had to actually try and not just let Greer win. She walked away with a teddy bear and a sock monkey.

Asher did the hammer game and won a huge teddy bear, then handed it to me.

We had pizza for lunch and I'm exhausted, but having too much fun to call it a day.

Last night was all just a big mistake. I met a man at a club and went home with him. I felt so much guilt when I snuck into my own house this morning. For some reason, I thought having a man's attention would make me feel whole again, but it just made me feel dirty.

"You look serious about something." Asher said.

"I'm fine, just thinking." Greer had walked over to the trash can and stood in front of a man in a Snoopy costume, staring up at him.

"Where were you all night? The clubs close down by 2 am."

"I was with a friend. Anyway, when are you going to introduce Greer to Josie?"

He sighed. "I'm not sure. I'm actually enjoying the time with her without the added pressure of Josie."

"It has to happen sometime. Does she want to meet Greer?"

"Yes, but I've held off. I don't want to until Greer is ready." He said.

"Have you told Greer anything? Does she know about Josie and moving to your place?"

He shook his head no. "I'm letting her adjust to being safe for a few days. I hope you don't mind that we are still at the mansion."

"Stay as long as you want to stay. I'll be gone this weekend, and I leave for Paris next Thursday."

"Thanks, I appreciate it."

"Don't mention it," I responded.