Scene 2 - TARDIS Arrival

The TARDIS is spinning around in the time vortex through to the time traveller's next destination, somewhere at random in time and space. The Doctor is hard at work at the controls of his magnificent ship, programming the TARDIS for some new course as he mutters and mumbles one or two words. An excitable Vicki enters the console room.

Vicki:

Oh Doctor, do you know whereabouts we are?

Doctor:

Hmm? Ah yes, my dear, we are far out of the Isop for sure so I don't think we will be seeing the Zarbi any time soon for sure, but who knows in this endless journey through time and space, anything could happen.

The scanner only slightly starts to blur up, meaning that The Doctor nor Vicki could see from outside the ship.

Vicki:

Hey look, the scanners gone all sort of blurry.

Doctor:

'Ey?

The Doctor looks up to trouble.

Oh dear dear dear, this TARDIS always has endless problems for me to fix; the Chameleon Circuit, Navigational Systems, the Time Rotor, Dimensional Stabilizers, Yearometre, Dematerialization Circuit, the Scanner and even the Fault Locator is broken. How very disturbing!

Vicki:

Look, don't be too hard on yourself, this is a brilliant ship and is very complex so it's bound to have one or two glitches every now and then.

Ian and Barbara proudly enter the console room wandering where they were travelling to next.

Ian:

So Doctor, where have you brought us to this time?

Doctor:

Well how can I tell you that dear boy, the scanner is all blurry.

Barbara:

Well its starting to clear now.

The temperamental scanner clears out the blurriness to reveal the TARDIS hanging in space above a planet.

Vicki:

Now we'll see where we are.

The TARDIS hovers over the planet Venus where it is about to make its landing, the four travellers stand looking puzzled at the planet they are looking over as the scanner shows.

Ian:

You know, is it just me or does that look like Venus?

Doctor:

Venus dear boy, you as a science teacher have great intellect and yet you randomly guess in the entire universe that we are at Venus!

Barbara:

Yes, you do have a point Ian, it does sort of remind me of Venus.

Doctor:

Not you to Barbara.

Vicki:

Well I'm fairly sure that's Venus to Doctor.

Doctor:

Well, we shall see what planet that is when we get down there. No fuss, seeing you all seem so positive to know where each planet is and I don't.

As the other three move out of his way, The Doctor fiddles with the controls to make a landing somewhere on the planet. Ian and Barbara move into the corner to discuss a personal matter.