Scene 5 - An Explosive Trap

The Doctor and Tyler are ahead of the party, with the equipment and remote-controlled device they are carrying, determined to stop Barton. The two have now settled but there is still tension between the two.

Tyler:

So Doctor, are you now going to tell me what that remote-controlled gadget is all about?

Doctor:

Certainly.

Tyler:

(Impatiently) Well.

Doctor:

Well, Tomson walked straight into a bomb laid deliberately by Barton we must assume, and I don't want to be walking into that same trap. So, I brought this remote-controlled toy to travel ahead of us so if there is a bomb set for us, the gadget will go up instead of us.

Tyler:

That's actually a good plan.

Doctor:

Thank you, my boy.

The Doctor places the gadget down onto the ground heading directly straight to them in their destination. He then activates it via the remote control and travels some way ahead of them, The Doctor continues to hold the controller as they travel forward.

Now, if there is a bomb, we should be safe from it. Come along.

The baffled Tyler follows behind The Doctor as Ian, Barbara and Vicki follow just after them, still amazed at the beautiful vision before them.

Barbara:

It's still amazing, even with it turning into a sea again.

Ian:

Yes. Even with the crunching of the sea. Don't worry, the base will be ok as everything always is. Optimism.

Vicki takes a sigh of relief on the planet's surface, but after her second sentence, she quietly whispers over to the other two.

Vicki:

Huh, I love spacewalks. I remember the time when I first explored the planet Eden, or even Dido. The fun of experiencing a new horizon is magical. You know when The Captain said that Tyler had to kill Barton, do you think he really would do it?

Ian:

I think he would.

Barbara:

Hard to tell, it's not easy putting fate to someone I imagine, not that I have ever killed before.

Ian chuckles a little then replies.

Ian:

No, hopefully. But Tyler did say that he absolutely despises Barton.

Vicki:

You're right Ian, and he is a murderer so it's a either kill or be killed situation. Well I don't know, first, we will have to catch him. And now we're starting to forget about all the danger! You're right you two.

Ian:

Experience Vicki.

We catch up to The Doctor and Tyler discussing more details as the remote-controlled toy, which is much further ahead of the party in a rush to catch Barton, continues its journey to reach the destination first if there isn't a bomb.

Doctor:

No sign of a bomb yet, what do you suppose you will do when you catch Barton.

Tyler: