Scene 3 - Leaving the airlock

The ice continues to melt, quicker and quicker into a liquid. By now, nearly half of the east side of the complex is liquid, but the ship is still standing, but if it continued to get any worse it would easily fall. Tyler, eager to explore the surface of the planet and capture Barton, paces up and down with all the equipment dumped outside the first airlock door. Finally, the TARDIS crew arrive in their spacesuits, but The Doctor is carrying a remote control, a four-wheeled object which is essentially a toy car.

Tyler:

And about time too! What took you so long? I was about to go without you.

Barbara:

We had to put on our spacesuits from our ship.

Tyler:

Well, let's go. Oh, and Doctor, why are you carrying that toy car around?

Doctor

No time for that now, you lead the way.

The scanners in control being monitored by Grace show the five explores exiting out onto the planet's surface as Grace informs the Captain.

Grace:

Captain, the Doctor, Tyler and the others have just left the airlock and are now in pursuit of Barton.

Captain:

Good, I will brief them in a minute. How is the damage working out?

Grace:

Not good I'm afraid. In fifty minutes, at the most, we will have sunk down.

Captain:

Can't we turn down the temperature of the ice.

Noah:

Well, sir, not to be rude Captain, but the thought had occurred to us. We would have done just that, but, I should have told you earlier and I'm sorry, but the power supply for controlling the ice has been cut completely. Must have been Barton in the Melting Unit again.

Captain:

Idiots! Why don't any of you do anything around here.

Grace and Noah turn to each other again, their look suggests that The Captain is having another one of his mood swings.

Grace:

They have now left the airlock and are on the planet of the surface.

The ship is now suffering from the power cut and explosion that has caused the ice to melt to water and for the complex to lose balance. The five have left the airlock and are now out on the surface. The Doctor and Tyler lead the way whilst Ian, Vicki and Barbara are fascinated by the incredibly, mighty tall complex of Houseman Industries, the surface of Venus and the metallic ice, which is now melting down into a liquid-like sea.

Vicki:

Wow! This is incredible; the sea, the complex, the planet.

Ian:

I know, I'd always wanted to go to Venus and here we are, out on our first spacewalk. It's magnificent.

Doctor:

You three, come along, there is very little time left!

They then follow but are still amazed by the landscape and the beautiful sight, despite the crunching sound of the metal turning to an ocean-like sea. Barton has now arrived on the other side of the side where he is about to slip his next bomb to the metal and explode like before. He dumps all the equipment down but hangs over a certain control that will activate another bomb. Looking back over to the base, he sets another secret bomb close by as we hear his instruments on his spacesuit, then looking directly at us as he speaks.

Barton:

This second bomb will blow anyone's mind away. Blow their mind's away, literally!

A smaller, less explosive bomb is hiding in the surface of the planet and is practically invisible at the live object, which is directly in line from where Barton is and the airlock – like a trap for The Doctor and his friends. The episode ends with a zoom in on the bomb. The metal sea is still melting, faster and faster. The complex is now beginning to suffer.