Scene 8 - Showdown

The Doctor, Ian, Barbara, Vicki and Tyler are outside the Melting Unit, but aware that if they go so far, the sliding door will open for them, so they go so far. Only up to the corner of the corridor before stopping the discuss the situation, waiting around like a western gun down.

Doctor:

Stop here.

Tyler follows behind them before catching up.

Tyler:

Grace has just reported that he is alone in the Melting Unit and is most likely armed.

Barbara:

Quite so, if we enter through there then he will most likely gun us down.

Ian:

I will lead the way, and stay alongside the wall.

Vicki:

Take care though.

Ian:

Don't worry.

Ian leads the way as he slides alongside the left wall heading into the Melting Unit, whilst he is followed by The Doctor, Tyler, Vicki and Barbara. He freezes as the sliding mechanism opens wide up, about to make his move, a gunshot ricochets off the next wall shocking everyone, most of all Ian. Barton is perched on the bottom left corner of the room as you enter the room.

Barton:

One step in here and I'll blow your head off!

Ian:

It's no use Barton, we have deactivated your second bomb and you're cornered. If you don't let us in there to switch on the power then we will all die!

Barton:

GOOD!

Barton fires a second ricochet. Tyler raises his gun in his hand and whispers quietly with Barbara.

Tyler:

I'm gonna try something; go round the back.

Barbara:

There's a back exit to that place?

Tyler:

Sure there is. It's hidden though, but it is the only way.

Barbara:

Good luck.

Tyler leaves around the corner to quickly go around the back when there is a smaller shack of the complex

Vicki:

Look why are you doing this anyway? Why this ship? Why now?

Barton:

Jesus Christ girl. Open your eyes and see you brainless fools. Did any of you actually bother to check my Curriculum Vitae? It was all too easy. I worked for the Black Ghost Organization, in fact, I still do as a matter of fact. Yes, we have been able to keep our heads down from the rest of the world, especially through the space age. I was sent here to infiltrate Houseman Construction industries and prevent the drilling in the materials of other planets. We must keep these other planets clean and pure, away from the garbage dump of what we now call our home. You bet I've hated every single minute here at this dump, particularly with that jumped-up, arrogant Captain of the drilling. So very shortly this base, one of the major drilling lines of the base is about to go up in smoke. Then we will do the same to the next one, then the next one, then the next one, and then then the next one.

Vicki:

So you're a terrorist, don't like the company and destroy it. Not a very persuasive argument Barton, is it?