Chapter 11

Luka P.O.V

I watched as Zophisa ordered the workers around the house.

"Get that ugly ass rug far away from me. If I can think about it, it's too close," she yelled.

"Take it to the basement," I whispered

"If you take that to the basement, I'll kill you with it," she said, pointing at the worker.

"Sorry boss," the worker said, "she scares me."

I looked at Zophisa who had a smirk on her face. I was just about to walk over to her when a voice caught my attention.

"Hey boss," someone called out to me. I turned and saw one of my workers, Alessio, holding a kid.

"What's going on?" I asked, looking at the child.

"I couldn't find a babysitter and you said it was urgent. Is it alright if she just sits here until I'm done?" He asked with pleading eyes.

"Where's the mother?" I asked. I felt someone come stand beside me and I could tell it was Zophisa.

"You tell me," he replied, "she ditched almost two years ago."

"Hey kid," Zophisa said to the toddler, "what's your name?"

"Alessia," the small girl answered, "like my papa."

"Just like your Papa," Zophisa cooed, "you wanna come boss people around with me?"

"Papa she talks funny," Alessia giggled. 

"You want to go with her?" Alessio asked. Alessia nodded as she slid from her father's arms.

"I said I want the loveseat by the fireplace! The fireplace! Does that look like a fireplace?" Zophisa yelled as she picked Alessia up.

"Should I worried my daughter will come back demanding things and cursing at me?" Alessio asked jokingly.

"Yes," I chuckled. Alessio just shook his head and walked away to help move the furniture.

I walked over to Zophisa who was holding Alessia up on her hip.

"I'm giving you a free pass to pick a spot for one thing," Zophisa said to me.

"I think we should lay the fur rug down right in front of the fireplace," I said, gesturing towards the floor in front of us.

"You heard the man," Zophisa said, snapping her fingers.

"Yeah," Alessia cosigned as she tried to snap her tiny fingers. When she realized there was no sound coming from her small hand she pouted and held her hand out to Zophisa.

"You'll get it, it's okay," Zophisa cooed.

"You're soft," I teased.

"I could kill everybody in this room with the kid still on my hip. Don't play with me," she assured.

"Why do I have a feeling you've done that before?" I joked.

"Very funny," she said sarcastically.

"Is the bed all set up in the master suite?" I asked the men as they walked downstairs.

"Yes boss," they answered.

"And the office is done?" Zophisa asked.

"Yes boss," they repeated. Zophisa nodded and turned to look at me.

"What?" I asked, looking back at her.

"You didn't know about her?" She asked, nodding toward Alessia who was falling asleep in her arms.

"No, why would I?" I asked.

"You don't build relationships with the members of your gang?" She asked as she sat down on the red leather couch.

"No," I answered, "I don't find it necessary."

"What if one of your men is a rat? How would you know? You have no system of loyalty," She pointed out.

"I'm a very feared man. I don't have to worry about things like that," I explain.

"All it takes is one brave man," She stated.

"Hey," Alessio interrupted, "how is she?"

"Out like a light," Zophisa said, softly.
"She's an amazing little girl, you're very lucky. She's very smart, a sign of strength."

"Thank you," Alessio said with a smile.
"She amazes me everyday. It scares the hell out of me though," he admitted.

"She's going to be scaring you for the rest of your life," Zophisa said, stroking her hair.
"How old is she?"

"She's three, she'll be four in two weeks. She wants a big party with all of her friends," Alessio answered.

"We would love to come to the party, if you don't mind," Zophisa stated.

"She would love that," Alessio said, "you're not as scary as I thought."

"I know," she said with a smile, "I'm scarier."

Alessio just chuckled a d walked away.  "What was that?" I asked once he was out of sight.

"That was the first step to us getting closer to the gang. I've been watching them and I noticed a few things," She said.

"A few things like what?" I asked, sitting on the arm of the chair.

"Get off my chair like that," she demanded.
"Anyway, I noticed he's close with a few of the guys and they'll definitely be at that party. The one that moved the rug had a kid, not as old as Alessia though, and he'll be there with his wife," she informed me. I just nodded as she talked.

"Maybe you won't be the death of me after all," I said with a smirk.

"Oh no, I definitely will be," she said with a wink.

-
-
-
-
Hey guys 😊 how are we liking it so far? Any predictions? Also, my birthday was Saturday !