Chapter 29

Luka P.O.V

"Hai tradito tuo fratello! Hai tradito lo tuno famigilia! Ci hai quasi costato tutto!" (You betrayed your brother! You betrayed your family! You almost cost us everything!) My father yelled between blows to Giovanni's face.

I cleared my throat, making our presence known. My father and Marco quickly turned around and looked at me and Zophisa.

"Look who finally showed up," Giovanni spat, "The prince was too good to be on time?"

"Son of a-," Marco started, cocking his fist back.

"Marco," I stopped him, holding my hand up. "Leave us," I said to everyone in the room.

Everyone started to leave the room, as they were leaving my father stopped in front of Zophisa who had wandered off to the weapon wall. He held his hand out to help her off of the table she was sitting on.

"He wasn't talking to me," she said, not looking up from the uzi she was loading and unloading repeatedly. I just nodded at him when he looked at me and he walked out.

I turned to look at my brother before speaking, "I am not interested in hearing your villain speech-."

"And I'm not interested in hearing your hero speech," he cut me off.

"You know there's no heroes here," I said to him. There was a long silence. Giovanni and I started at each other the entire time. His lumpy, bruised face almost unrecognizable as he tried to kill me with his eyes.

"What did my father tell you about me?" Zophisa asked from her seat on the table.

"I did not ask about you. I did not care if you got burned in the crossfire," he said bitterly. She got down from the table and grabbed her purse. She walked over to us and pulled a can of hairspray out of her bag along with a lighter.

"You should've," she said before flicking the lighter and spraying the hairspray, setting Giovanni's hair on fire. She pulled out a cigarette and lit it using the fire.

My father and Marco walked into the room that was filled with smoke, the smell of cigarettes,and Giovanni's screams. Two men came in behind them holding a tub of water. They sat the tub behind Giovanni and I walked up to his chair and tipped it backward, dunking his head in the tub. I left him in there as he thrashed around. I pulled him back up after a minute. He gasped for air before he started to scream in pain.

"Oh!" My father exclaimed, "I got something for my new daughter in law."

"Little old me?" She asked, blowing out cigarette smoke. "You shouldn't have." She used Giovanni's head to put her cigarette out before dropping it on the ground.

"These are for you," he said, passing me a box that was handed to him. I turned to her and opened the box and she gasped.

"Brass knuckles?" She exclaimed "These are illegal in New York."

I glanced down at them before speaking, "They match mine." She looked me in the eye with a small smile.

I took them out of the box and slid them on her hands. She gripped them a few times before smiling.

"I love them. Thank you Giovanni," she said to my father. He gave her a slight nod with a small smile before walking behind Giovanni's chair.