Chapter 20

Zophisa P.O.V

"What the fuck do you want?" I grumbled as I answered my ringing phone. I looked at the clock on the nightstand and it read 3:16 a.m. I moved Lukas arm from across my stomach and sat up.

"You was sleep?" Sincere asked through the phone.

"It's 3 o'clock in the morning my guy," I told him, seep still evident in my voice.

"My bad," he apologized, "I was just calling because I'm a little concerned."

"Concerned about what?" I asked suddenly allert.

"You been in Itay for almost a month and still nothing from Diablo. If he was honestly after you, he would have tried something by now," Sincere explained.

"He has tried something," I said, getting up out of bed. I watched Luka stir as I walked over to the bay window.

"Come back to bed," Luka grumbled. I quickly turned around to see his face stil sruffed in the pillow.

"In a minuite," I said quietly.

"What was that?" Sincere asked.

"Luka," I said, "you woke us up."

"Us? You sleeping in the same bed as him?" He yelled. "You fucking him ain't you? I'm too young to be an uncle."

"That don't make no sense at all," I said, "How you too young to be an uncle dummy?"

"Everybody know uncle is one step from being a dad and I'll be damned," He said. I just rolled my eyes.

"Anyway," I started, "Back to the problem."

"This not over Zo," He said.

"Apparently, Diablo or one of his men bribed Luka's old business associate, Alexander Bunch," I informed.

"Bribed him to do what?" Sincere asked.

"Try to expose me and Luka," I said.

"How does he know there's anything to expose?" He asked.

"I have no idea," I mumbled with a sigh.

"Well shit at this point it seem like it's nothing to expose," Sincere said.

"Well just don't tell Adrian," I said in a hushed tone.

"Tell Adrian what?" I heard in the backround.

"Zyaire Sincere, am I on speaker?" I asked firmly.

"I swear to God I was alone until just now," He said.

"Who is that?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"Mommy," Sincere said quitely.

"Tell Adrian what?" She said louder.

"Nothing ma, it's nothing," I said, shaking my head even though she couldn't see me.

"Anyway ma, we was just talking about Diablo and how he still ain't get the party started," Sincere said, changing the subject.

"You should be concerned, Diablo is a lot like your dad when it comes to making moves. He sloppy and he don't care about cinsequences to nothing," My mom said through the phone.

"So there must be something else going on," I said.

"There has to be," My mom agreed.

"I need to make some phone calls and see what Diabo's about. I'll call Papa and Vilkov and see what they know plus I'll need all the man power I can get. As nuch as I hate to admit it, the cartel is nothing to play with, espically since I'm not home," I stressed. I watched Luka sigh and get up form the bed.