Chapter 26

Luka P.O.V

I watched Zophisa as she slept. I heard what she said last night. I don't want her to leave me after this is all over but I know she will. I've grown to like her dominating attitude. I could really see a future with her.

"Stop staring at me you creep," she grumbled as she rolled over and buried her face into the pillows.

"No," I said with a chuckle. I watched her as she took a deep breath and pushed herself into a cobra-like pose, making her bones crack.

"What are we doing today ?" She asked, sitting up against the headboard.

"My father invited us to lunch," I said. She let out a long groan.

"What time?" She asked.

"One o'clock," I answered.

"Where?"

"My father's backyard."

"Who's going to be there?"

"My brother, his wife, and my father's wife."

"Why?"

"We have to discuss my brother's betrayal and his fate," I said. She just nodded and got out of bed and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

Zophisa P.O.V

I walked into the bathroom and freshened up. When I walked back into the the bedroom Luka was standing in our walk-in closet getting dressed. He was wearing black slacks with no shirt.

"What color shirt?" He asked.

"Burgundy. We look good in burgundy," I answered, he nodded.

"You don't have to cover your tattoos," he said as he buttoned his shirt.

"Not that one, the satin one that matches my dress," I said to him as I pulled my dress off of the hanger. It was a basic spaghetti strap bodycon dress that stopped under my knees with a small slit in the back.

I quickly took the shirt off and pulled the dress on. I pulled my braids out from under the dress. I walked out of the closet and into the bathroom to do my hair. I pulled my braids up into a neat bun before doing my edges. While I was putting my lipgloss on Luka appeared in the doorframe.

"Is that why you didn't want to wear your wedding dress?" He asked, staring at my back.

"Yup," I said, popping the p, "I tried to get them covered with tattoos but obviously you can still see them."

"What happened?" He asked.

"That's a different story for a different day," I said as I turned around to look at him.
"Seriously?" I asked, straight facing him.

"What?" He asked, looking himself up and down.

"Black socks?" I asked with my eyebrows raised, "I might as well just dressed you myself." I marched over to our dresser and pulled a pair of burgundy socks out of the drawer and shoved them in his hand.

I picked up my bottle of Idole and sprayed myself with it. I started picking through his colognes, trying to decide what he should wear.

"You need to throw this shit away," I said, holding up his bottle of polo red.

"Why, I like polo red," he said as he walked passed me to get to the closet.

"This is a man whore's cologne. Are you a man whore? No because I'd kill you," I said, picking up his bottle of coach and taking it to him in the closet.

I picked the shirt I wore to bed up off of the closet floor along with Luka's pajama pants and took them to the dirty clothes hamper all the way in the bathroom. I didn't feel like going back in the closet to get my shoes.