Chapter 7 Secret Revealed

Kawa's point of view

"Death note?" I read it out loud, I was confused by the name was this a sick joke. I picked it up and slowly opened it the words on the inside of the front cover has the same kind of writing as the cover, I read it out loud,
"The human whose name is written in this note shall die. This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his or her name, therefore people sharing the same name will not be effected. If the cause of death is written within forty seconds of writing the persons name it will happen. If the cause of death is not specified the person will simply die of a heart attack. After writing the cause of death details of the death should be written in the next six minutes and forty seconds. This note shall become property of the human world once it touches the ground of arrives in the human world. The owner of the note can recognize the image and voice of its original owner i.e. a god of death. The human who uses this note can neither go to heaven nor hell." I read every thing on the inside of the cover in confusion and horror, then I flip through the few pages on each line a different name written. I stop on one page where I saw a torn piece of paper from this note book was put, it had the name Jack Kells written on it. I looked at it in shock, I thought back to what happened and the rules of the book.
"Luna killed Jack with this paper, she killed him with this things wicked powers. I quickly put the Death Note back into the drawer and rushed out of the room and left the main room rushing down the hall. I didn't know where I wanted to go but my feet instantly knew where to go as if I had done it a million times before. Before I knew it I had made it to a door and knocked on it, Mello answered the door and I seemingly was filled with relief that he was here.
"I want to talk to you, are you free right now?" I asked, he looked surprised for a moment.
"Yeah Near left a while ago, and I'm not doing anything right now," he stated opening the door more and walking inside. I stepped in and closed the door, after I turned to see he was sitting on the same couch he was yesterday. I walked over to the other couch that was facing the one he was sitting on. Once I sat down I looked at the glass table and began to speak clearly.

"I had a horrific dream that I was trapped in a dark, metal room with nothing but me in it. At first it was just a room until It suddenly started to show me you, L, and Watari's deaths. It was so horrifying and it just scared me."
"Our deaths?" Mello questioned in confusion.
"Yes it showed how you might die, it didn't show me any one else's deaths. I am afraid that I might see many other deaths,"
"That would be scary to see how some of the people closest to you might die, anything else you want to tell me?" He asked, I thought for a moment and then responded carefully.
"No that was it, I just wanted to see if you had any thoughts about my strange dreams." I tried to avoid looking at him and him seeing my face, if he sees my face he would immediately know that I was lying.
"I know your lying come on and get it over with, tell me what your hiding." I jumped, and tried to think of a way out, but he knows me too well he would be able to tell I am lying again, so I just gave in.
"I found a strange note book in Luna's desk, it is called the Death Note. It apparently kills whoever's name is written down on its paper ruled out or not, and I think Luna killed Jack with it like she has killed many others." His eyes went wide, shock and horror plastered on his face.
"You were going to keep that a secret?"
"I am sorry, I didn't want to expose her secret," I said looking at my feet.
"L is in serious danger now she knows his real name. Come we must tell the others," Mello said getting me to follow him as we rushed out of the room and through the halls.