CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18

*Luke's POV*

"I think I'm alright." She said. "You sure? I'll lay here for as long as you need me too." I said with a smile. "Yeah, let's go somewhere." She said cheerfully. I stood up "Where do you wanna go?". "Can we go shopping?" She begged. "Whatever you want to do I'll do.". She jumped up and kissed my cheek, "Thank you.". I walked downstairs, "We are going shopping, did you want to join?" I said to Brenda who was sitting on the couch reading a book. "No I'm okay, you can take my car though. Have fun." "Okay thank you, we will.". Not long after I responded Emma came bouncing down the stairs. "Ready?" I asked. "Yep, let's go.". We went to a bunch of stores, and Emma tried on a lot of clothes they all looked great on her in my opinion but she didn't like them all. "I need something to wear to the funeral. We should find that." She said. I started walking around the dress store til I found I little black dress. It had no straps and was just solid black. All one fabric to, "Emma, what about this?" I yelled swinging it over the dressing room door. "Luke it's really pretty, I'm gonna try it on now. Wait right there." She yelled back over the door. It wasn't long until she came out, "Can you zip it up?" she asked holding the top up. I slowly zipped up the dress. She spun around to face me. "Emma you look ..." I couldn't find words to describe how beautiful she was. "I'm gonna take that as you like it." She smirked. "I do." I replied. When she finally came out in her normal clothes she was holding the dress. "I think I'm gonna get it." "Good" I replied. She set it on the counter to get pay for it, "That'll be $96." Said the man behind the register. "I got it" I said. I paid the man and he handed us the bag, "Thank you, Have a great day." He said. We walked out of the store hand in hand, "Luke." "Yeah" "I'm sorry you never met my mom. She would have loved you." She said saddness in her voice. "It's okay, ill take your word for it." I said with a wink.