CHAPTER 24

CHAPTER 24

*Luke's POV*

I woke up, my body ached everywhere. I didn't know why until I remembered, oh yeah I was mugged. I feel two hands holding my left hand I look up to see Emma, asleep. She was curled up in a little ball in the chair, both her hands holding mine. I slowly pulled my hand out of her grasp, causing her to wake up. "Goodmorning Princess." I said. She picked her head up and had a confused look on her face until she realized. "Oh my gosh Luke." She said gently wrapping her arms around me, she was defiantly scared she would hurt me. "Emma I'm not gonna break hug me like you mean it". I whispered. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into a hug. "I need to tell Liz" she squeaked. "No Emma." I exclaimed grabbing her hand so she spun to me. "First." I grabbed her waist and pulled her back to me. I kissed her, "Now you can get my mom." I said. She raced out of the room, I could hear her bounce down the stairs. I thought about what happened, and what might have happened to me if I didn't punch that guy. What if I died then? I would have left Emma with nothing. At that moment my mom raced in followed by a smiling Emma, "Luke" she said hugging me. "Hey mom." I replied. We embraced for a while before my mom pulled away, "I'll leave you two" she said smiling. Emma crawled onto the bed, cuddling up beside me, I put my arm around her. She placed her hand on my stomach and her head on my chest. "I'm glad your okay, you had me worried I was gonna lose you and have nothing left." She said her eyes welling up with tears. "Emma I already told you, I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon." I replied. "Buttt I do need to see the boys." I whined. "I'll take you later but for now just lay with me." She whispered.