The Marvelous Mrs. Malfoy

A great crack filled the Malfoy Manor. Draco and Astoria looked at one another and smiled.

     "We've done it."

     "And I have to admit you told off Miss Granger quite well."

     "Thank you," said Astoria, chuckling.

     "And now to show these to my parents," Draco grinned, holding up the signed marriage documents.

     Hearing the couple apparate back, Lucius and Narcissa descended the stairs.

     "Miss Greengrass," said Narcissa. "I thought you were ill."

     "That isn't my name."

     "Whatever do you mean?" asked Lucius.

     "I mean that Greengrass is no longer my last name. It's Malfoy now."

     "Why, you must be mistaken. The wedding isn't until Tuesday," said Lucius in a rather lofty voice.

     "No, Father, she isn't mistaken," said Draco, walking over to his parents and presenting the official documents.

     "Narcissa's eyes bulged with rage. "You little whore!" she yelled, pointing at Astoria's face.

     Lucius stepped up to Draco, who was a good two inches taller than the snarling Lucius. "How dare you . . .disobedient and ungrateful boy. If you want to live here with your slut of a wife, than so be it. We're leaving." Lucius and Narcissa disapparated.

_______________________________________

"That was a disaster," Draco said. Upon seeing Astoria's face, he asked, "Astoria, what's wrong?"

     Astoria looked up, tears streaking down her face. "The way they said that, it's almost as if they knew what happened."

    "Astoria, no." Draco picked her up and held her close. "My parents don't know anything about you. Their words have never meant much to me, so they shouldn't mean anything to you."

     "Yes," Astoria said, instinctively nuzzling against Draco's chest.

     All Draco could do was wonder how a woman he'd known for three days could mean so much to him already. Him, who had killed, imperiused, and tortured innocents to survive the war. How could he deserve the small woman in his arms? How could she be so understanding to a man like him? She was a blessing. Draco could feel her breathing grow heavy as he carried her up the stairs. He entered the master bedroom. Any and all traces of his parents were erased from the room. Draco carefully set Astoria down on the bed, gentle not to wake her. After a few moments of watching her peaceful sleep, he softly kissed her lips and lie beside her.