End is a beginning

"The conversation ended really bad," Elena said to Caroline, "I can't breathe- I have this pain here"The brunette put her hand on her chest

The brunette put her hand on her chest.

"Elena-now you are exaggerating. You said the same thing when you broke up with Matt." Caroline was blunt with her oldest friend.

"This is different. I thought he was the one." Elena tried to make her point why she was so upset.

"Guys sleep around,you know that. Maybe not all, but -  Damon is such a guy-ok-where is your bag, your keys? Come on we need drinks. Lots of Martinis! "Caroline helped her friend put her jacket on. Elena wiped her tears off.

"Come on, get into the car" The blonde huffed a bit.

Elena could not say no to her and she didn't want to. She needed her friends beside her and she knew that, even though they could not make the heartache magically go away, they will do everything to make her feel a bit better.

They drove off to a place called Liberty Park. Elena put her sunglasses on, to hide her puffed up eyes. She felt a throbbing headache now set in.

"A walk in the park and some air will help'- Caroline chatted away, "so tell me- you went to his place and she opened the door"

"Yes - and he was  like - oops, sorry - this  here - Kat being there - it just a mistake- I love you like crazy, yadda, yadda, yadda-URG-sure he loves me like crazy- and then sleeps with her?!" Elena inhaled sharply now and Caroline could notice that anger was taking over. It was good. Anger was the first step of starting to deal with the situation. Or maybe not. But, at least she was not crying anymore.

"Anger is good. Let it all out." Caroline said in a supportive kind of a tone, continuing, of coursewith queations-"And so what did you tell him? Why did you get into the fight in the first place?"

"Well, about her! Whenever she calls, he just goes over to her place. I know that they have a kid,-and now I will sound like a bitch- and I love the boy! You know me. I love kids. I want to have at least three-huh"

"Maybe, she staged everything?!" Caroline then said.

"No, he actually admitted sleeping with her!" Elena said.

"Really?" Elena nodded, "Stefan said they broke up because she wanted time off to herself. She kicked Damon out, right?!"

"I think that he has never really stopped loving her. And they have a five- year old kid - and what was I thinking?!"

"Stop that. You fell for him. And it's not the end of the world. Come on now, you need a Maritni. I know I do!" Caroline now urged her to go to their favourite bar that was not far from the park.

To give Elena much needed girly support, Caroline now called their other three friends to join them. Dialling Rebekah Mikaelson's number first.

"Rebekah?!Yes, if you can-of course we are- will call Bonnie-can you call Yemaya?-Good-Yep-See you."

"I want pizza and and a big load of Martinis, so I can forget everything!"-Elena said as they sat down at a table.

Caroline now told the waiter to keep the Martinis coming.

Elena was a sensitive creature, full of dreams, pure emotion, a sweet soul. Caroline was a very pragmatic one, strong, very opinionated, but with a heart of gold. And she would do anything for her bffs, but also for all those who suffered in any way. No wonder she got a law degree.

"Why me? I loved him"- Elena now ventured into the self pity zone.

"You just fall in love- and put all heart out there!"- Caroline stated- "and  usually with the wrong guys- just like me! But you will be cured. Bonnie will get the pizza. I'll give her a call. "

Whenever there was a heartbreak, problems at work, family problems, the five would meet no matter what it was, they made a pact to be there for one another. But they also found time to get together to have a good time as well.

"Breathe now, Elena!"- Rebekah said as she arrived a bit later, hugging her friend- "you will forget him! I promise you! Tomorrow it will be- Damon, who!?"

The waiter now served them another round of cocktails.

"Cocktails and pizza, seriously?"- Bonnie said as she now joined them.

"Elena wanted pizza?!"- Caroline explained.

"Nevermind. What did you get? "- Rebekah now said and  openrd the pizza box.

"Extra cheese and pepperoni" - Bonnie replied.

"Perfect! - Caroline said now taking a slice.

"It's kareoke night!"- Bonnie looked at the board near the bar, adding - "Yemaya will be late. She has to finish her  article!"

"I don't know why she won't come and work for me-but I guess she likes to be a serious journalist and not write about fashion."- Rebekah remarked taking a sip of her drink.

Rebekah was the editor of a fashion magazine in her family's newspaper empire. She and Caroline met in college and struck a friendship immediately. Bonnie became friends with Elena and Caroline in senior high as she moved from a small town from the north. Yemaya was Bonnie's cousin from her father's side.

The only one of them that had a steady relationship was Bonnie, dating Rebekah's cousin Kol. The other women had loads of heartbreaks behind them and knew exactly how Elena felt.

A crazy fun night was starting as now Yemaya arrived at the bar.