Where is he...?

Stefan met Damon for lunch and quized him about his last fiasco in the relationship department.

"I didn't come here for you to grill me." Damon said.

"She is not going to forgive you-you actually never got over Katherine, right?! Elena was just a very good rebound!"- Stefan stated.

"Shut up!"- Damon now hurled back at his brother- " Are you going with me and Giu on the camping trip?"

"Of course. I got all the gear ready."

"Good- he is so looking forward to it.  He is so into the whole boy-scout thing and he hopes we will see a real wolf in the woods."- Damon explained.

"Well-you can tell him your wolf story"

"You still remember that? I couldn't sleep cos I was hearing the howling all night."- Damon remembered their camping trip with their father Giuseppe.

________

Bonnie and Caroline met Elena and the women decided that a retail therapy is the best to continue mending a broken heart. Change of image, was Caroline's suggestion. Also, they all had already received an electronic invitation to the Mikaelson cocktail night. And they need great dresses for the occasion.

Elena kept quiet about her unusual meeting in the cafe. It was as if it was her secrete something. 

_______

In Rebekah's office, she was looking at the photographs that were to go in the next issue.

"Get me Damon" she said to her assistant Vicki.

"Anything else?" Vicki asked.

"No. I'll be working till late, so you can go. Thanks" Rebekah replied.

Rebekah had to work hard to prove to her father that she can get the magazine up and running when she took over as well that she will make a huge success of it. So, at work she was known as the shrew, some of her co-workers would refer to her as a blood-sucker at times. The whole Mikaelson family were hailed as the most ruthless business family in town. Their parents taught their children to be excellent in what they do, that they have to strive to excel in what they do. And they made them proud, but there was another darker side to the glitter and money and great fortune. All their children had a very cold rapport with their parents. The eldest of them was Elijah, the second born was Niklaus, then Finn, who tragically died in a car crash, as he was an indie car racer, then Rebekah and finally Henrik.

Kol was their cousin, as he was the son of Mikael's brother, who died of a heart attack when he was only eighteen years old. His mother, unfortunately remarried and moved to France. Kol loved his cousins as if they were his siblings as they had practically grew up together, and followed Elijah's footsteps into medicine. He proved to be a wiz-kid.

When they were younger, they pledged to one another that they would not be like their parents, so cold and reserved, and that they will always be there for one another. As time went by, things slowly desintegrated. Elijah chose to take a post in London. Klaus, after finishing his studies followed Elijah into Europe starting to work as an architect in a small firm. Finn's death made things even worse. Rebekah stayed on and spent most of her time with her baby brother Henrik. Finally, when she got to college she felt like a free new life started for her. Having met Caroline, things looked like they would be good after all, and the stuffy life that she knew was behind her.

 Damon got to her office in a little while, and as he entered the first thing she said was, "We are professionals and personal stuff should never affect the work-still- I am going to say this, because Elena is my friend and I love her dearly, you asshole! If you weren't so damned good in your profession I would kick you to the curb."

 "That's not bad. I kind of thought you would run something into me!" Damon remarked.

"Let's get to work. Look at those"- and she now showed what she didn't like about those photos and asked for a new photo session with their cover girl.

______________

Elijah met his daughter at her new school. Charly didn't want to go to a private school, and Elijah let her choose the best public school. There were certain things he still needed to do regarding the transfer, and he now dealt with all that.

Charly, looked a lot like her mother, very savvy, she looked so much older, and she knew exactly what she wanted out of her life. She was very close to Elijah. They had a great father-daughter relationship. Sometimes she took more care of him, than the other way around. Since he was very dedicated to his work, he employed a housekeeper who was also partly Charly's nanny.

They decided not to live in the big Mansion with Mikael and Esther, so Elijah had rented a house for the three of them.

"There something different about you dad"- she said to him when they got out of the school.

"In what way?" Elijah wanted to know.

"I don't know.  But- different!"

Elijah looked at the watch now and he had promised Miss Arnold that they would be back by tea-time.

And there was a certain truth, he felt different. The woman Elena that he had met in the  cafe seemed to be stuck in his mind.

________

Elena returned home later that evening and looked at the dress she chose for the cocktail party.

Then at her new hairstyle. 

She puffed a little. "stop it!", she said to herself, "stop thinking about him. Don't need anyone. Good-he looked so good in that suit-ok- I am going crazy- what's wrong with me?!"

She went to the living room and put the radio on. 

"Where is he? The man who was looks like me?" Elena started singing along with the song that came on.

She took her tablet. It was time to do some work. She then looked at her web site and updated it.