Tonight is what it means to be young

As Elena and Elijah now joined the others, Klaus patted Elijah on the back saying, "Welcome back to the land of the living!"

That night they were young, they all wanted to burn brighter than the sun, ready to set the world on fire. Even Elijah tossed his thousand year old demeanour away. Rebekah now enticed Caroline to get up on the stage and sing. They put the Kareoke machine on. The pub owner was their friend and he knew that when they booked the pub, they will throw a great party.

"Ok-  here we go 'Tonight it what it means to be young'!" Caroline said to the landlord.

Both Klaus and Elijah now understood the fire that was in this group of women, they loved life and embraced it fully, with open heart.

They all took taxis home. Elijah and Elena went with Rebekah and Jackson, and they said goodbye as they dropped them off at Elena's apartment, who now asked him up.

He followed her.

The place was tiny, tidy and very uniquely decorated. It said Elena, romantic and cheerful, same as her shop. 

"I am just going to the bathroom for a moment...there is water in the fridge" she said and disappeared.

He got the water and poured two glasses full. She got out in a flash freshened up.

"This all must have been a very mad thing-  we just completely forget about everything and have fun."

"I had fun. I remember fun. I admit the last time I had so much fun was about twenty years ago. I didn't just study. Your place is very -you"-he said.

"Thank you." she smiled.

He now looked at her like she was an angel descended upon him.

"You are so beautiful"-he said, touching her face dearly.

There was  certain nervousness present again. He neared her slowly and gave her a small peck on the lips, then another one, now deepening the kiss sweetily and then firmly. Elena wrapped her arms around his neck.

As the pulled from the kiss to take a bit of breath, she whispered to him to follow her. She took him by the hand and led him to her bedroom.

*******

In another taxi Klaus ordered the driver to take  him and Caroline to the beach house.

Caroline nestled on his shoulder and fell asleep. 

"Sleep now princess"- he said smiling cheekily.

In the city, Rebekah announced to Jackson that she doesn't really want to go home just yet.

"Club 80's ?!" he suggested.

"Maybe some other night I'd like to go somewhere more private!" she said and he got the hint.

They hailed now another taxi that would take them to his apartment.

****

Bonnie and Kol arrived in their apartment now and chatted a bit about Elena and Elijah.

"Can she do magic?!" Kol asked jokingly. "I've never in my entire life thought he would be kissing her or anyone in public...I sometimes thought that he is even more serious than uncle."

"Maybe," Bonnie said, "Ah, since it's after midnight- just hope he didn't turn into a pumpkin."

"Come here" he took her by the hand and pulled her onto her- "turn me into- something"

"What do you want, prince of darkness?!"- she joked kissing him now.

"Whatever you wish!"- he whispered into her ear brushing his lips now tenderly down her neck.

***

Caroline woke up as the taxi finally stopped in front of the Mikaelson beach house.

"Woken up, sleeping beauty?!" he said and helped her get out of the taxi as he paid the fare.

"Where-oh- now-I remember everything"- Caroline said. 

He took her by the hand and now they went through the garden gate. It was beautifully lit up with candles and Caroline looked stunned at the site and then at him.

"You had-all this done...planned?"

"I can conspire with my sister as well" Klaus pulled her closer and kissed her. 

"Are you real?!" Caroline said as she broke off from the kiss looking at him dreamily.

"You think this is some enchantment?! Well- I know I am enchanted by you"

He took her by the hand and they entered the house, that was already undergoing the restoration, but he had also produced a magical look inside of it. 

"How was it? If you can't get an angel-you can at least get a boy?!" he said and she now kissed him.