Dresses and Oh La La

When I was done dressing and brushing my hair I ran back out of my room to Lissy waiting impatiently in the kitchen.

           “About time,” she said tapping her foot like an annoyed mother. I was so glad my mom wasn’t like that. Oh God, what would she say if she knew I was going out with Harry, probably “who’s that?” Maybe I would call her tonight if I had time. I hadn’t spoken to her since we landed in London and I missed my whole family. Lissy shoved an orange into my hands and pushed me out the door, barely giving me enough time to grab my wallet and keys.

           “Wait, where’s Brendon?” I realized he wasn’t standing around or on the couch as usual.

           “Um, he went out with Damien. He’s showing him around London.” I couldn’t keep the smile off of my face, aww! That was so sweet, plus Damien really was a good guy. It was too bad though, he loved shopping with us.

           We went to the mall down the street again, and this time I hoped I wouldn’t have to run away again. We ended up finding our way to one of the many dress stores. I didn’t recognize many of the brands assuming they were mostly European.

           “How about this one,” Lissy held up a pink floral dress with many, many ruffles. I scrunched my nose up at it.

            “I would look like a piñata,” I stated simply and she put it back.

           “Still a cute piñata.” We went back to rummaging through the rows and rows of dresses.

           “Here’s another one!” Lissy yelled a half an hour later. It was the third store and possibly the 3 millionth dresses. I had given up on trying on the dress unless I absolutely loved it. The one she held up was a red dress with a lace patterning. Normally I don’t look the best in red but it was a softer color.

           “Alright add it to the pile,” I nodded over to the collection of dressed we had accumulated that time. About fifteen minutes later we had cleared out all the dresses we didn’t like on second glance and the ones that were way too much money. We were down to five dresses: a white lace one with a brown belt, a blue halter-top with a simple waistband, a purple/ navy halter neck with white detailing, a simple black dress with ¾ inch sleeves and a v-back and the red dress.

           I quickly got rid of the white and black dresses when I tried them on, they were either too snug around my boobs or too clunky around my waist. The blue dress was really cute on me, and I really loved the effect it gave me, but the length was a little weird when I sat down, since Harry was bringing me out to dinner, it didn’t seem like the best option. The purple/navy dress was very flattering but was made for someone with longer legs. Then there was the red dress; it came down to the perfect length and hugged my body perfectly, not revealing but not unflattering. I took a picture of each of the last three and sent them to Brendon, for his advice. He replied back quickly.

           From Brendon :): THE RED DRESS! Damn gurl it makes u look sexy! Harry is a lucky man ;)

            So the red dress it was, I was about to reply when he sent another text.

           From Brendon :): have Lis try on the purple 1… I have a feeling shell need it soon

           “Yo Lis!” I screamed out of the dressing room. I stepped out for her viewing and she gasped.

           “That’s the one, I am such a fashion genius!” she praised herself and I laughed.

           “Brend wants you to try this one on,” I said handing her the dress and she walked into the room after me. For all of you now going “Ewe you two are gunna change together!” stop. We’ve been best friends for over 5 years now; we’ve seen each other in a lot worse situations.