chapter 2

My mind wont stop wandering back to the kiss in the rain. I mean, how can it stop? It was my first kiss.

With a killer none the less.

I mean, wow, ten points for courage to the Cowardly Lion, right? But I still feel like theirs something hes not telling me. Call it intuition.

When I hear my parents slip upstairs to their room, I get up and quietly open up my window for some air, and also to see if maybe EJ will come visit.

I lay down in my bed, and close my eyes, pretending to be asleep. Around two hours later, I hear someone swear, then tumble into my room. I sit bolt upright, breathing heavily, and staring at the black hoody sprawled on the ground. I giggle, and help EJ up.

"Dork." I whisper with a smile. He fixes his mask, and looks over at me. Then, he starts to laugh slightly, and grabs his stomach. I smile at him, then look down.

"Hey, EJ?" He stops laughing and looks at me again, tilting his head in response. "Why... why did you continue to follow me?" I look back up at him.

"Well. You just are so clumsy." He laughs. I blush and smack his arm, glaring at him.

"Kidding. I really don't know why I keep following you. I mean, it'd be a lot better if I didn't, but-"

"What do you mean?" I ask in a squeaky voice. He looks over at me, then at the floor, picking at a loose thread on the carpet, hesitating for a long time.

"There are others. Like me... Who don't agree with our... Relationship. Jeff in particular. He thinks its..." He pauses, grasping for words, "wrong." I stare at him incredulously.

"Wrong? Wrong?! Like killing people ISNT?!" I yell. He flinched, and looks away angrilly. "I-I... I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean that. I'm just..." I sigh and look down.

"Its fine. Don't worry about it." He whispers, and sighs heavily. "Jeff is messed up anyway. But, hes also dangerous. And evil. And insane. So, if you see some white skinned guy with a giant smile, do me a tabor, and get the ef out of there?" I laugh and nod, slipping my hands into his.

"No problem. Speaking of the other killers... What about you do me a favor?" I ask sweetly. He turns to me, and I get the impression hes raising his eyebrow.

"What kind of Favor?" He asks.

"So, you remember the purple haired girl at the park the other day?" He nods. "Well... shes my best friend. And she loves Ticci Toby. Do you think... you could... convince him to come meet her?" I pout slightly, giving him my, as everyone calls them, 'Kitty Cat' eyes. He melts, and sighs.

"I... I could try. I guess." I giggle and kiss his forehead over his mask.

"Thank you. But you might want to get going. I have school in the morning." He nods, and gets up, pausing with one leg out the window.

"By the way..." I loom up at him. "You're eyes get bigger everytime I see you." I blush and giggle.

"Thanks. I think." He nods and jumps out of the window. I jump up, trying to catch sight of him. I smile, and plop down on my bed closing my eyes.