chapter 7

(Toby's POV)

I Slenderport outside of her house, then carefully focus on the static coursing through me as I use my charge to appear by her bed. Shes sprawled on her stomach, sleeping soundly, with one leg sticking out to the side and one straight, headphones in her ears and blaring Ghost Town. Her face is twisted peacefully, her purple hair sprayed out like flower petals on a daisey. Her arms are under her pillow and I smile slightly. How did the crying, little blond girl turn into this strong, confident, woman in just ten short years? I gently tap her shoulder. Her eyes fly open, and she flops over, staring at me with wide, silver eyes. Huh... her eyes change color. I smile at her under my muzzle.

"Tic?" I nod, and tilts my head.

"I believe y-you have s-something of mine." I crack my knuckles and holds out my gloved hand to her. She raises an eyebrow, and scoffs.

"Mhm, and what's that?" I raise an eyebrow as well, as if to say, Do you even have to ask? She giggles and shakes her head, reaching under her pillow for something. She pulls out my goggles, and sits up in bed, slipping them on her head.

"Nope. I don't think I'm giving these back." I lunge for them across her large bed, but she quickly dodges me to the side. I grab her shoulder, and she lifts her chin, giggling. I push her down, pinning her wrist. I pull my goggles off her head, and smile down at her.

"Ill make you a deal. You can have my sweatshirt instead of my goggles." I sit up, cross legged next to her. She blushes when she sits up.

"Sure. Why not?" She laughs out. I pull my sweatshirt off and hand it to her. She pulls it over her head and looks down. "How is this big on me?" I shrug and laugh. She yawns, and rubs her eyes, leaning back agaisnt the wall. She opens her mouth several times to say something, but eventually just drifts off into a deep, peacefully sleep. I sigh happily and help her into a laying position, then leaves a not on her bedside table. I pull down my muzzle, kiss her forehead, and whisper, "Sleep well, Chrispy." I smile and Slenderport away, leaving behind my jacket and the only girl that makes me feel my heart beat.