Ch3: Was it illusion?

"One Double Espresso for Mr. Shan"

I picked up my bag and went to the counter. The barista was a little stiff in some ways familiar to me. Or wasn't. Travelling to the hospital was never easy since it is my first time after all.

Upon my arrival, the guard asked me for my id and got assisted to the office of the president. I greeted the unfamiliar man infront of me and settled in. "How was your trip, Mr. Samhat?"

I shrugged, "It was good. I felt little different in some ways but in due time I know ill cope up." He nodded as an approval. "Mr. Mutia told me that you are assigned in the Pediatric Department back then?" He asked as he scribbled on his notes.

"Well yeah. That's my specialization. Am I going to be assigned in different department?" I looked at him. "Well no. You're going to serve the same department but I had to warn you, people here are different from yours. Parents here are much more impatient when they're not served well. I had to admit people in our nation always wants to be entitled. So please have a lot of patience in them and im sending my advance apologies."

When Mr. Cruz told me about impatient guests, he wasn't wrong.

"Ano? Di ka marunong?! Ginagawa mo ba trabaho mo?! Bakit umiiyak tong anak ko?! Bakit ganto?!" (What? Aren't you skilled?! Are you doing your job?! Why is my child crying? Why is it like this?!) he said. I don't know how to respond since I don't know what she is saying.

A guard escorted her out and transferred her elsewhere. I did my job and got her child cured. It's not my fault if her child is hungry and she doesn't know. Too obvious for me to say but I had to calm down.

"My apologies for such behavior." A woman said standing infront of my opened door. She walked towards me. She has this blonde hair and a little curl on the ends, her face is glowing. I smiled at her. "My name's Bella. Resident pediatrician." I nodded and stood up, "Shandy."

She smiled once again and shook my hand. She handed my pile of papers which was given by the what she called upper heads and left after asking to take my lunch with her group of friends.

I leaned back on my swivel chair and scrolled on the same site I was checking on. To my surprise, after 3 years of no post—she posted a picture of a coffee cup.

Double shot

It was bombarded with comments of joy just like me. They are waiting for her. We waited for her and shout joy when she came back. Geenina put a smile on my face without her around, that's the magic she can do to me and I am willing to do for her.

"Hey Shandy. Ready for lunch?" Asked Bella.

I smiled at her, "More than ready."

We went down and I followed them on the same cafe I visited earlier. The double shot espresso was good and I didn't know they also serve lunch. Bella picked my food since I still don't know what to order yet.

Roaming my eyes around the place it landed on a portrait of a pair of eyes. Eyes that is longing. In pain. In suffering. But has hope in it. The place is actually designed well. It has tons of portraits and captured pictures in it.

"So Shandy right?" Asked by one of Bella's friends. I nodded. "Was it your first time here?"

"Technically, yes. But someone back then told me to go here." I answered and ate a small amount of cake. "Would be too personal if I ask who?" he asked curiously.

"It is. But yeah, she's the reason why I am here and why I accepted this offer." I heard gasps from some of them and a sigh from Bella. The blonde girl asked the waiter if she could talk to their manager or pattisièr instead. Probably she didn't like the taste of her blueberry cheesecake.

As I was munching my baked lasagna, a woman in red dress appeared. She has this shoulder length hair which suits her facial shape the best. It is curled perfectly. She's holding a menu on her hand then she looked at me.

"Hi. My name is Geenina Marquez. The manager and pattisièr of Gdeux Cafe. How may I help you?"