5

(Jazzy's POV)

I was looking at Sanai while she was asleep on the gurney. I just stared with a blank expression.

"Hey 13, what's the matter?" Agent 2 asked as he walked up to me.

"Nothing, just thinking to myself," I said.

"About?"

"The person who literally shot my best friend at school," I said, giving him a side glance.

"About that, I have news to tell you and the boss," 2 said to me. He signaled me to follow him and I did.

We walked to Boss's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in," he said and we walked inside, closing the door behind us.

"What is it 2 and 13?" He asked.

"I honestly have no idea," I said straightforwardly.

"Well I have news to tell you both so I brought Jazzy so I could tell you both," 2 clarified.

"So what is it?" Boss asked.

"Well..."

~Flashback in Agent 9's POV~

The rest of the team, excluding the girls, were all in our team's meeting room that is inside our main building.

"Ok, we're playing RPS to see who's gonna tell Agent 13 and the boss about Sanai's powers being lost for some hours," Agent 6 said.

"Hell no, 13 scares me," Agent 4 said.

"She scared most of us, but we gotta tell her," I said.

"What good would it do her anyway? It's mostly Sanai's lost. If anything, she could possibly care less," 7 said.

"You never know. Sanai will probably not expect it. Anyways let's just play," I said.

"Rock, papers, scissors, shoot!" We all said.

Literally everyone, except 2, had rock. Agent 2 had scissors.

"What?!" 2 yelled.

"Thank the heavens that it isn't me!" 5 said.

"It'll be ok 2," I said, patting his back.

(Jazzy's POV) ~Present Day~

"Well 14's powers will be gone for some time," I said, looking at Boss and 13.

"Huh?!" Boss asked, shocked. "I can't afford for one of my only members with powers to lose them! 13! Do something!"

I looked bored and asked, "What would you like me to do sir?"

"Make sure 14 doesn't get hurt from now on. Besides, you left her at school without thinking. So now you're responsible," he said, infuriated.

I nodded and said, "May I say something?"

Boss nodded.

"I know who shot her. She just chose not to tell me. Boss, I notice many things. Besides, it's 14's fault for actually staying," I said, without any sympathy as I know the truth.

"She put herself in that situation. There's not much I can do. I am, in fact, powerless myself."

"Just keep her out of any mess. And for the person who did this to her, kill her." Boss said and I nodded.

2 and I turned around to leave the office when Boss said, "Just one more thing 13."

I turned around to look at him.

"Kill her with your bare hands. And make sure Sanai sees." He specifically said.

I nodded and walked out the office with Agent 2. We stood outside the other side of the door in silence.

I could smell the fear coming from 2. This man was shaking in his boots.

"Calm down 2. I'm not gonna hurt you. Now I'll excuse myself, I have to go tell my best friend the news." I said and walked away.

I went back to Sanai, who was now awake, staring at the ceiling.

"Is it true?" She asked. I immediately knew what she meant and nodded.

"Damn, why me?" She said.

I shrugged and said, "I have to kill her tomorrow."

"Kill who?" She asked, with a look of concern.

"Kayla, she shot you. Remember?" I asked, tilting my head to the side and raised my eyebrows. I already know it's true.

"What?! No she didn't!" She immediately denied.

I crouched down to her level and whispered, "Sanija-Lanea Aikens, don't lie to me ever again. It hurts my feelings to know my best friend would do such a thing (not really though)."

She nodded in silence and I smiled.

"There's really no point in lying anyways. I saw the entire thing," I said as I stood back up and looked down at her.

"You hacked the cameras at school, didn't you?" She asked, not even surprised.

I nodded and said, "Glad you know me so well. Anyways, I have to keep and eye on you so you don't end up getting yourself killed. Your speed will come back soon. But we're still going to school tomorrow."

She nodded and I walked away.

"I'll be in my weapon room. I'm going to go shoot some bullets. If you need me, call or just come to me when you feel like using your legs for their purpose," I said.

She was silent meaning she understood and I smirked to myself. I can't wait to kill Kayla tomorrow.

(Sanai's POV)

Jazzy went to her weapon room and I was still laying down. I don't like it when she pulls my government name on me. It tells me she's super pissed without actually showing she's super pissed.

I sighed and whispered to myself, "I fucked up again."

Agent 8 came up to me and asked, "Feeling any better?"

I nodded and sat up.

"Did 13 talk to you?" He asked.

"Yeah, she's pissed at me so she walked away to her peace room," I said.

"Peace room?" 8 asked.

"It's her weapon room but she finds peace in there so I call it her peace room," I clarified. He nodded and said, "Well be more cautious for now on. We don't need anything to happen."

And with that, he walked out of my sight. I sighed and stood up.

"Guess I'm powerless for now. Can't be so hard. If Jazzy can survive then so can I."