Class Representative

Again a new school day began and I sat in class. I thought about that what William told me. Once again... nothing has begun. In fact, nothing seems to be beginning.

"Is there anyone who would want to volunteer for the representative positions?", the teacher asked and thought during it 'This class is pretty depressing'.

"The sooner we decide on this, the quicker we'll get dismissed from class", he added.

"Eh?" or "Booo!" , said some students.

"I should be the one saying 'Ehh?', all right!",  replied the teacher.

I don't know if William's words were meant to be cold-hearted, or gentle. "Nothing has begun anyway." "You can do things the way you like right now." I can't get those words out of my head... I can do things the way I like. How should I start? How do I want things to turn out? Should I wait for someone to start first? Or should I just...

When I think about the new things that I set my heart to do, I finally realized now that it was absolutely necessary for me to summon up the courage to start these changes.

As Diane is once more lost in thought, William stared into nothing, but later he only watched, the thoughtfully sunken, Diane.

What I meant is that... if i stay like this, I will never be able to change anything at all.

As Diane thought about , something to change, she noticed what to do, she raised her hand. High in the dead silence class.

"Oh, Diane! You going to do this?", the teacher asked.

"Yes, sir.", I answered.

"In that case, the class representative for the girls will be Diane!"

"I'll let you take over the call for the remaining candidates."

"Okay."

I got up and went to the blackboard to talk to the whole class.

I... want to start a change.

"All right! So.. I just need one more male student to take up class rep'nrole! Is there anyone who would like to volunteer himself for this?", I talked loud to the class.

"...Is there anyone... There will be a lot of work to do once you're a class or events rep' ...", I added.

Whoa. Every single student is avoiding eye-contact... It sounds like I'm the only person hyped about this. Somehow it feels embarrasing standing here... But this is not the time to be feeling discouraged about it!

"Is there someone who would be willing to take this class and achieve greater things with me?!", I asked again.

"Anyone?!", I shouted.

In the middle row, at the window, sat Timmethy. He played with the thoughts to announce. 'Ah... It can't be helped! In that case, I should...' . But too late. A boy already said with a raised hand, "I can do it." It was William.

I starred at him surprised.

'Ahh, I was beaten to it...' , thought Timmethy.

"Any objections? No objections?", said William with folded arms to the class.

Gasp. "If there are no objections, William would be the male class rep' then! Everybody is fine with it, right?", I asked the class.

"Then William. Would you please step out as well and perform the rallying with Diane?", the teacher pleased him.

William went to the blackboard, next to me.

"What's that look for?", he asked.

"No..Nothing... Thank- Thank you...", I replied.

"Moron. I just want this to end sooner so I can go home."

Urgh!

"Let's get this over and done with."

"All right! We need three more events representatives! Aynone keen to do it?!", he asked the class.

"Me. I... I will do it.", said Malou with raised hand.

"You will do it? Thank you so much! You would be a great help!", I replied.

"I have to let you know now though, that there will be a leadership induction course for the class and events representatives. Will that be fine with you, too?", I asked Malou.

"I am absolutely ok with that!", Malou smiled.

While Diane stood with William at the blackboard and searched for other members the class began to talk silently.

'Hey isn't she a nice person after all?'

'Yeah, her actions may be kinda childish, but she seems like a pretty nice person'

"Wait a minute", William began to talk with a worried face.

"Hmm?"

"What is that leadership induction course about..?"

"Eh?! Didn't you hear what Mr.Harris said earlier?! We have an overnight camp during the golden week, though."

"This is soooo troublesome..."

"You're not thinking of stepping down right away, right? Then all the effort that you have put in would be gone to waste! Speaking of which, didn't you hear it from Mr.Harris? He's the one leading us for the camp."

The farther Diane spoke, the farther William's eyes widened and sweat grew on his forehead. He was speechless. When Diane looked at him, she swallowed hard. William looked dreadful.

"Wh-What do you want..?!"

Did I just do something gravely wrong?!

"If I'd known about that, I would've never taken up this role in the beginning..."

"William..."

Well, it's a truth that you'll have to see your brother there. I am so releved that William didn't hear the news beforehead.. That was close.. hehe. Oh man, because of my talking with William I forgot that I am standing in front of the whole class, look if they have now agreed. I looked up and saw that someone raised his hand, wait what? She? That's impossible...

"Amanda..?", I asked shocked.

"I will take up the role as a member of the events team."

That the class were also shocked you could hear out of the crowd.

The lone-wolf Amanda..?! That was totally unexpected!!

"Are... Are you sure you want to do it?", I asked her.

She nodded.

If Amanda joins then he will definitely follow immediately ...

"Ok! Me too! I'll take the events coordinator position as well!", Timmethy said hastily.

I knew it...

I wrote all the names to the blackboard. Choices are made carelessly again huh?

I remembered what Mr.Harris told me... "I suppose a particular process is needed to bond different people in class together". First things first, I will begin a new chapter with these people.

"Hmm?", William said.

That means...

"What is it? What is it that you want to say?", William reapeted.

We've got some really amazing member's...