Mistake

At the school mensa. I starred at the food at the mensa.This one, this one too, and this one.

"Waaah that's a looot of bread", said someone next to me.

Yeah,right? This amout scares you, right?

I giggled. Then I showed to the left. I was shocked.

It's William Harris! That surprised me...

Full of shame I took my two bags full of food and wanted to go over to pay.

"It doesn't matter right", William said.

I eat this much so that I will lose my appeal towards the guys. That is what I wanted to tell him so badly.

But this is so disgraceful! That's not it... That's not it...  I went to the Woman and wanted to pay for my food.

"Excuse me, I would like to have these", I told the woman behind the mensa.

"Yeah of course", she replied.

"..."

"Ah then- It's okay without the plastic bags," I answered.

"Ah really? Then it is 4,30$ please", she added.

I paid the food and the woman told me that she will open a new packet of bags but it wasn't necessary and I wanted to left. Let's see. Where are Lindsey and Claire? As I was in the direction to my class someone grabbed my arm.

"Hold on right here", said an other Mensawoman.

"Yes?" I replied.

"You haven't paid for this,right?"

"Eh... But I already paid"

At that moment Lindsey and Claire arrived and heard the conversation.

"Eh is that Diane? Let's take a look", said Lindsey to Claire.

"Don't lie if that is the case, why aren't these in bags?"

"... That is beacause"

"These kind of incidents have been on the rise lately! It's wrong to do this, you know?!"

I tried to explain that woman whats going on but then Lindsey and Claire were there and looked at me surprised.

"Diane?"

"Lindsey.. Claire!"

"Wait a minute, Diane. What have you done? This sounds bad..."

"Ehh"

"Stop commiting deeds like walking off without paying...", said Lindsey.

"There is no way I would do such thing!"

"If you pay now, I won't report this to the teachers", the mensawoman said.

"Thats why.."

Suddenly some said something.

"That person did paid okey,

I freezed because I knew who it was.

why don't you ask the auntie over there?", William said.

The mensawoman asked her workmate about it.

"Ehh Ah- she did passed me the money."

"Eh-what is that so? Oh then you are fine to go", the mensawoman answered and let go of my arm.

I was so happy that all the things were fine and I was able to leave but William was not able to leave.

"What? Hey, that's not it, right? You should apologize, old woman", William said strict.

The mensawoman looked not amused at William.

"Old woman?", she reapeded.

"You are the one at fault, apologize!", said William again.

"I'm soooooooorry", said the mensawoman sarcastic.

"...Ah okay. It's okay already", I stuttered.

After that William left without saying anything. Ah I should follow him. I began to run and shouted after him to wait. In the background I heard Lindsey calling for me.

"William Harris, wait up!"

"What is it?"

"Ah ..Thank you for helping clear things up about the payment issue earlier."

"Not really, no matter how I see it, she is a fault."

"Yeah, I was quite mad at first too. I can't even explain why. But then William got angry on my behalf, I became contentend how things turned out."

"Being satsified with a reason like that, you are too easy-going. It is for that reason that your relationship with friends is loose. Those people are just pretending to be friends with you. How foolish", William said cold and was about to leave.

Pretending to be friends...

"... This may seem foolish to William Harris but they are extremly important to me", I called to his back.

"Huch? Like I care about that. It doesn't matter to me what you do anyway. It has nothing to do with me", he turned back and answered.

It has nothing to do with me.And then he said such cold-hearted words and distanced himself from me. I can't understand this person. Is that really William Harris?

"Ah one more thing, I'm Russel now so. William Harris is no longer here", he said with his cold eyes.

The William Harris back then is gone. We can no longer go back in that time.