Go back in time

After school at the train station. I got my ticket out to get through the barrier. Beep. Now that I think of it today, that fake William.

When our eyes met, he smiled at me. The colour of his school uniform is blue. That means that he's a first year student too.

I mean, really... Why do I keep thinking of him at William? I took my train to my home station. On the way home I looked all the time at the floor. Then I looked up. There he was again. The boy who bumped in me. The fake William.

"Ah!", I said loudly by mistake.

He tourned around and looked at me. Oops, he turned his back.

"It's not like I'm following you or anything! I live here around here so!", I stuttered and gestured with my hands.

Silence. I am so dumb. No one would say such things, right... He turned back without saying anything, and started again to walk. We began again to walk, he in front of me and I am behind him. ...But I really didn't follow him here. I'm heading in the same direction too.

...huh? Wait a minute. This person also lives in the same area? Eh? As I thought, this perons is...

The boy stopped in front of a path to a small building. He glanced over at me and walked to the small building. I stopped in front of the path and looked after him.

This small building is ...

In my head I played the moment, when we stood together there, three years ago and he said "It's pouring all of a sudden,huh."

...where we took shelter from the rains together.

Indeed!! Indeed he's!!

I began to ran the path along to the small building.

Indeed he must be!!

I looked around the corner of the small building. He sat there.

"...William Ha- Harris?", I stuttered.

He glanced at me.

"I'm Russel though", he replied.

Eh..? Ah.. AH...

Wah- I have done it?! I quickly turned around.

"Sorry, I was wrong!!", I said.

I was about to leave.

"It's pouring all of a sudden,huh.", he added.

I was so shocked, happy and nervous. I turned around hastily. There he sat smiling at me.

"So it is you Harris?"

He tourned around again and began to talk.

"I already said I'm not Harris though, I'm William Russel now. My parents had filed for a divorce, so I changed my name."

His voice, his back, even his name had changed, even so, he is in front of me right now. The first guy, that I liked in my life-

"Still..."

"You were completely oblivious towards my existence, I was wondering when you might start noticing but it was not until today that you realized something"

He tourned his head to me and smiled lovefully at me.

"I find that too amusing", he added.

Huh?

This person is... William right... ? Was he like that in the past?

"I knew right away it was you, even though you had changed this way"

"I initially thought you would become more feminine and soft-spoken.", William said.

What did he said? That kind of thing...

"Th.. Then you should have just called to me out!", it spilled out of me.

".. and Harris has also changed a lot!"

"I already said I'm no longer Harris, I told you it's Russel."

Who's this? I shouldn't be commenting about other people though... scary.

"Well, for the time being..."

He said as he got up from his sitplace. He was standing in front of me and stretched his hand slightly in my direction.

"Shall we have a reunion hug? Come over here."

What does he say? The blood in my veins freezed. I gestured hastly again.

"No way!! There is no way I want to do such a thing!! Don't put it across in such a friendly tone okay!!"

"Well that's true~ you detest guys from way back then, right? It seems to me you still don't like them..."

Ah...

He still remembers. So he really did hear it. "I hate all boys!!"

"Yeah, I dislike them, since a long time ago, but, only William was different."

I have always wanted to say this. My voice is trembling. It seems just like those days, those days where we had so much fun.

"..Eh ...what... is that so ...Yeah, me too", he said softly.

"I used to like you too"

We can go back. My mind was filled with the pictures from the past. William and me. We can go back to the times. To the times where we enjoyed ourselves so much.

"We can no longer go back though", he added.

"I'm totally different from that person in the past, you too. That was just a brief reminisce of our past, that's all."

I guess... He's telling me to forget about it.

My eyes started filling with tears. William walked past me and hit me lightly on the head.

"Don't cry, it is annoying, stuuuupid"

"See yah.", he finished and left.

But, when you were saying such coldhearted words, you must have been showing a really lonely expression somewhere.

That's what I thought.