Facing outside

Three schooldays later. I seats with Lindsey and Claire in the classroom.

"Diane, you brought your own lunch box today again", Claire said surprised.

"Yep, it's still difficult to head down to the canteen and buy my food", I replied.

"You mean... that old lady? I think she has completely forgotten how you looked like!", told me Lindsey.

"AH speaking of wich... That time there was a guy that rescued you, back at the canteen. I think he's from the special advanced class,

Special Advanced?!  I am shocked I almost dropped my bread.

the people from the special advanced class are studying at a different level from us, right? I think I've never caught sight of them along our corridors", Lindsey added.

..It must have been he mugged so badly that he forgot how gentle he used to be...

The guy who was my first love

In my brain I saw a brain visualition of William. A William  twitching his shoulders and sticking his tongue out  "It has nothing to doooo with me."and "HUH I don't care."

He had become such a sadistic person when we met again for the second time... Utterly shocking, I think I'll never be able to return to those times anymore.

Whatever. I have  friends like Lindsey and Claire, they I'll be there for me.

"But we were lucky enough to have seen him that time...", Lindsey laught.

"It's not funny at all! Lindsey and Claire even doubted me at that time..", I answered annoyed.

At that moment I remembered what William told me. "Pretending to be friends."

Eeeeks... Begone begone!!

I waved funny with my hands, in the one hand the fork, around my head to forget what William said to me.

"What do you doing, Diane?"

"Don't play with your fork like that!"

"Do you know that guy well? Somehow it seems like that to me.", Claire asked suddenly.

"We studied in the same middle school but he transferred out of it very quickly."

"Ah.. I see."

"Yep..."

"..."

"Ah Lindsey. How was the joint party the other day?"

"Ehhhh. So-So I guess."

"..."

What was it I wonder, that rendered me unable to tell them that.

The second time in my head, I saw the visualition of William, holding his hand infront of his mouth and boursting out laughing. "They are just pretending to be friends."

I'm saying... Get lost!!!

Again I started to wave with my hands around my head.

"Didn't I tell you, not to play with your fork?"

"Oh, Malouuu. You are not eating your lunch in the classroom today as well? You always seem to be having it somewhere else, right?" a boy's voice said in the background.

"I'm heading outside, with my friends from other classes", Malou answered.

"But isn't it cold outside?" the boy asked.