Crash

"What? Where am I?" I mumbled. I woke up with a pounding headache.

"Your awake." Otto said and I nodded.

"Yeah what happened?" I looked at my arms. "Am I in the hospital?"

"Yeah. John you drank way to much and crashed. Well no another drunk person hit you but that's not the point."

"Bradley. He's still my baby right?" I asked and Ottis face sunk. "I was dreaming, we're still together aren't we Otto?" I asked and he didn't say anything.

"It's hard to dream stuff like that John." Was all he said.

"Is he here?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No, he said he hoped you got better and if you got any worse he would come see you." I nodded.

"Tell him I'm sorry." I whispered. I sighed. "I'm tired. I'm gonna go to sleep." I said and Otto nodded.

"Ok, hey I won't be here tonight. Visiting hours will be over by the time you wake up but don't worry. I'll be right back here when I'm allowed to. If you need anything tell them to call me. I'll be back tomorrow John." He said and I nodded. I closed my eyes and smiled. I have such a good friend. I went to sleep.

"Hey John wake up. The nurse wants to talk to you." Otto said tapping my shoulder.

"I'm up I'm up." I mumbled and I slowly opened my eyes. "Yeah?"

"You never really had any serious injuries, so you will be free to go this afternoon. Mr. Wall do you have someone who can take care of you?"

"Yeah." I said.

"What's their name sir I need to get in contact with them?"

"Otto." I said and he glanced at me. "He's right here if you need to talk to him." I said and she smiled at him.

"Could you just sign these papers saying your responsible for him and you'll be taking him home." She said handing him the papers. He signed them and she nodded. "You two can leave whenever you want." She said and I sighed.

"Why didn't Brad come see me? I would have went and saw him."

"I know and I told him that. He said you would never have to though because he doesn't have a drinking problem." I sighed and nodded my head.

"What did I do Otto?" I cried. "I loved him I did. I loved everything about him and he knew that. I tried to be the best husband anyone could ever ask for. Where did I go wrong? What did I do?"

"John you did nothing wrong don't tell yourself that."

"Yeah but he lied. Like i told him, he not only listened to me tell him that i lives him over and over again, he told me he loved me back. He fucking married me Otto. Why would he do that? Did he do all of this to put me through hell?!"

"John no Bradley wouldn't do that."

"Do you really know he wouldn't do that though?! What do you really know Bradley will or will not do anymore?!" I snapped.

"I don't John. It's just Bradley wouldn't marry you just to break up with you. Y'all had something for a long time. Everyone thought it was gonna work. I'm being honest with you here John cause I don't wanna lie to you. Y'all looked so happy and perfect together. I never wanted to tell you, but slowly it became only you that was happy. You could tell by the way he hung out with you. By the way he kissed you or told you that he lived your why he didn't mean it. I just never had the heart to tell you. Cause I thought y'all would work it out, but I guess y'all didn't." He said and i cried.

"Why didn't you tell me Otto?! Because I love him and one thing I want is for him to be happy. He could have been happier sooner if you would have told me. I could have called it off and he could have went to be with his side chick."

"John shut up! Not till recently did I see that. Only like two weeks before y'all broke up. And John I think one reason Bradley didn't wanna be with you is because he loved you and wanted what was best for you and he thought he wasn't what was best for you."

"But He was what was best for me and he knows that Otto! I told him that every day and every night that he was the only person for me and that he was the best thing that had ever happened to me." I cried.

"John let's just not focus on that stuff right now, I need to take you home in a little bit. You wanna look decent walking out because the media is gonna be everywhere."

"Yeah." I said and I nodded my head in agreement. "Let's not talk about Brad anymore." I said and he gave me a sympathetic smile. He took me home and stayed with me for a while. "Hey Otto im Fine. I swear. Leave I wanna have some alone time." I said. He nodded.
......
So the process went. I'd drink and I'd get hurt or sick. I'd drink and get hurt or sick. Over and over again. Week after week. I took a swig of the straight vodka. I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror. What have I become? I'm out anyways what good am I now? I put the drink down. They don't help anymore. They used to kill the pain. They don't anymore. I had the same boring routine. Get up drink go to sleep. That's it. All day every day. So what did I do after I drank. I went to sleep. I was falling asleep when I got a call. I answered. "Hello?"

"Yeah um John it's Otto. Meet me at my house in five."