Broken

I pulled up to his house wide awake. I walked in and as soon as I walked in her pulled me out of his house. "The hospital....Bradley." Was all I heard. He was talking a mile a minute.

"Wait What?! Y'all slower Otto?!" I snapped. He sighed and got in.

"Bradley needs me. He called me crying. I don't know what's wrong I just decided to call you and let you tag along."

"No, let me talk to him Otto. Yeah at first he's gonna be pissed. But he'll at least look at me as a friend. He'll open up to me eventually." I said and he nodded. We didn't say anything until we walked in. "Bradley Beal?" I quickly asked the counter and she nodded her head backwards to a guy sitting in a chair with his head in his hands. My heart broke for him. "Stay here." I whispered to Otto. I walked up to him and sat beside him. "Hey Bradley." I said softly and he looked up at me and his eyes were bright red and his face was soaked with tears. "I heard something was wrong and i came as fast as i could." I said still talking calmly and quietly. "You wanna tell me what's going on?"

"I don't need to ducking tell you anything Johnathan Wall." He snapped and my heart broke.

"Bradley I'm your friend. Please, it's not gonna hurt anyone." I said.

"Friend." He whispered to himself. He looked up at me and more tears streamed down his face. "Friend?!" He snapped.

"Bradley stop. Let's focus on what's going on right now." I said and I went to touch him but he slapped my hand away. "You wanna bear a story?" I asked him. He didn't reply. "A while ago I lost the most important thing in my life. I cried and cried and cried. I thought I wasn't gonna be able to get over it. Damn I'm still not over it. I drank I smoked I tried everything to relieve the pain I felt. You know the only thing that help though? Telling someone what was going on. I talked to someone about it and it help. It wasn't perfect or immediate relief or anything. But it help. So you wanna tell me what's going on?" I asked.

"She She She. My baby." He cried and he didn't have to say anything else.

"Hey Bradley shhh it's ok." I whispered and I pulled him closer to me. I wrapped my arms around him and he cried on my shoulder. "It's gonna be ok Bradley." I whispered. I didn't say anything else. I just ran my hand up and down his back while he cried. I sat there for a good two hours.

"Mr. Beal." A Doctor said walking out. He sat up. "Your girlfriend would like to see you now." He said and Bradley stood up. He walked off and I sat there watching the live of my life walk off like nothing ever happened. I decided that way my cue to leave also. I got up and walked out. Otto walked out with me.

"Hey John." Otto said and I nodded. Tears threatened to fall. "I know you didn't get the response you wanted from him, but you did a good thing. You were there for him even when he pushed you away. Even if he didn't say it, i know he's grateful you were there." I nodded as I watched the cars pass. I went to say something but nothing came out.

"He got mad at me when I called us friends." I whispered. Otto nodded. "He didn't even tell me bye Otto." I said.

"I know. It was a cold hard rejection. It stung me for you." He said and I lightly laughed. "I knew you were gonna leave crying, but I think for y'all to move on and at least become friends you needed to be here and do this." He said and I nodded.

"I know." I whispered.

"And your sure your ok on your own?" He asked me and I laughed.

"Yes Otto I'm sure. I swear now leave." I said laughing. For the first time in forever I wasn't depressed. Sure I felt sad, but I felt like that needed to be done. I needed to see him and talk to I'm one last time. "I should have told him I loved him." I whispered. "Even if he would have gotten mad." I sighed. I walked in and sat on my couch. I stared at nothing. The way he walked past me. He didn't even tell me bye, he didn't tell me thank you or anything he just left. He wouldn't care if I was gone would he? I asked myself. I sighed and pulled out my phone.

Me
Hey Bradley, you may not get this for a while. You may not even read it all or respond. But I do want you to read that I love you. I'm sorry for everything I've done. I was a stupid bitch who only cared about myself. I'm sorry. I should have been there for you more than I was. I should have done something different to make you love me more. I should have forced you to stay, not force you to leave. I fucked up Bradley, but there's no fixing it now. I guess everything we have is broken. Everything we have is gone. I just want to tell you that i loved you one last time.

- John

Bradley
Call me

I laughed and placed my phone of the counter. I looked at myself in the mirror. My phone vibrated and Bradley called me. I just let it ring. I picked up the razor and without thinking slid it across my right wrist. I felt the warm trickle of blood run down my arm. Along with the stinging sensation of the open wound. I looked at the blood for on the counter. I sighed and I slowly cut my other wrist. "I love you Bradley. But you don't love me. You probably want me dead. I'll do anything to make you happy." I whispered. My phone was blowing up. I sat down and put a towel under my wrists. I closed my eyes. The blood flow slowly started to stop. I wiped it on the towel causing it to start again. The small once white wash cloth was now red.