Hospital

I slid down the wall of the hospital hallway. I couldn't feel anything, I was numb. "I never hated you." I whispered. Out of now here I could remember every little thing we did together. I sat here in literal shock with tears rolling down my face. "I loved him!" I cried. "I should have kissed him!" I leaned my head against the wall.

"Mr. Wall." The doctor said walking up to me. "I know I said he wasn't gonna make it through surgery..." my whole world collapsed. "But Mr. Beal wants to speak to you."

"What?!" I cried. "Stop fucking around!"

"I would never do that sir. Now hurry up he's tired." He said and I jumped up and sprinted down the hall. He yelled the room number to me. I slowed down before walking in. I knocked on the door and walked in.

"Hey Bradley."'I said softly. I pulled up a chair beside him. He smiled at me weakly. "You scared me. Did you know that?"

"I'm sorry." He croaked out.

"Don't be." I said. "I love you Bradley, you know that right?" I said running my thumb around in circles on his shoulder. He nodded yes. I smiled and kissed his forehead. "I'll be right here with you all night ok." I said and he nodded. "Just go to sleep. I'm not gonna go anywhere. I'm sure your tired." He mumbled something and went to sleep. I sat there all night. I didn't go to sleep I just sat there. I didn't wanna miss one moment with him. "Why isn't his girlfriend here?" I mumbled to myself. I sighed and leaned back in my chair. I watched the clock tick for about two hours. Soon the sun started to rise. The nurse walked in and gave me a sympathetic smile. I wiped my eyes and sat up straight. She came and checked the machines. She nodded to herself a few times and wrote things down. "Do you know how he's doing?"

"He's doing fine, you could have gone to sleep last night." She said and I smiled.

"It's fine."

"Let him sleep till he wants to wake up. He needs sleep, doctors orders." She said and I nodded.

"Ok will do." I said. She handed me a cup.

"When he wakes up have him take these pills."

"Thanks." I said. She walked out. I pulled out my phone.

"John?" Bradley said and he sat up a little.

"Hey." I said softly. "How are you?"

"Ok." He said and I smiled. "Your tired." He said and I shrugged.

"I guess." I said.

"You should have went home."

"No cause your girl isn't here and you could have needed something over night." I said and he smiled.

"Your Sweet." He said.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked him.

"Yeah."

"Why'd you do it?"

"Because I thought you hated me John. All I do is fuck up and i did there also. I made you hate me."

"Bradley I could never hate you I swear. I'm sorry I said that it just came out as a comeback but it wasn't nice was it?" I said and he shook his head no. I sighed. "Please never do that again. Marry her and be happy." He smiled.

"All you care about is me being happy."

"Yeah." I said nodding. He nodded. He went to say something but he stopped. He yawned. "You still tired?"

"Yeah." He mumbled.

"I guess it takes energy to lose blood." I said and he smiled and rolled over to where he could look at me. He smiled his full set of pearly white teeth. "You know Bradley, you weren't supposed to make it through surgery." I said. "My world came crashing down when they told me that. I can't live without you." He went to say something when the door flew open.

"Oh baby Bradley are you ok?" His girlfriend asked running up beside him basically pushing me out of the way.

"Hey I'lol be back la..."

"I've got him from here." She said and I nodded. I smiled at him and walked out. I sighed and dove home. I walked into my room and fell ok my bed. I immediately fell asleep. I woke up to my phone ringing. I answered.

"Hello?"

"John, Bradley says he wants to talk to you. Hurry." Bradley's girlfriend said over the phone. I jumped up and flew out the door. I sped over and walked into his room.

"Hey Bradley." I said sitting in the chair closest to him. Well second closest because Melissa was sitting in the closest one.

"John..." he couldn't say anything. "Can you leave?" He asked Melissa. She huffed and got up. I took her seat and wrapped both my hands around his hand.

"What's wrong Bradley?"

"I don't feel good. Like I'm all dizzy and stuff."

"Well you want me to tell the doctor?"

"I don't know. I just want you to be here with me." He said and I sighed.

"Bradley, your girlfriends here." I said and he nodded.

"But your my best friend John." He said and I smiled. "You'll always be there for me." I nodded.

"Yeah I will."

"Please." He said and I smiled knowing I was already gonna say yes.

"Sure." I said. We sat there in silence for a while.

"I'm sorry I didn't come see you." He said and smiled knowing what he was talking about.

"It's fine I was in just as fast as I was out." I said and he smiled a weak smile. "How are y'all doing?" I asked leaning him and Melissa.

"Good." He said.

"When are you gonna propose?"

"I don't know I want everyone to be happy with us getting married."

"I am happy with you getting married Bradley." I said and he smiled.

"No your not, you Justs at you are so I can be happy. The truth is though when your not happy I'm not happy."

"I know I can tell by the look on your face."

"That's not true, I just don't think she's the best for you."

"Then who is?" He asked.

"I don't know, I haven't met them yet."