Chapter One - A Secret Of Many

---

---

---

Silence. Deathly silence which joined in to the deathly scene being unfolded before your eyes. There was only one way now to describe the remains of the universe better known as UnderFell. Silence spread like the plague through the graveyard. All sound being absorbed by the dust or snow scattered around, snow that instead of being stained yellow was stained a deep red and black from blood.

"Finally." Spoke a stranger, followed by crunch after crunch. His feet stepping through the expired snow, crackling underneath his pink slippers which held two glitching black feet. Feeling the pain of every monster who's lives had been recently taken in such a short period of time. Brutal and painful. "This world has been put to an end." He continued speaking to himself. Speaking as if there was someone else with him when in reality, there wasn't. Just him and the barren wasteland of a universe. "Who knew it would take such a simple thing to be a distraction." A sick grin grew across his face, continuing to walk through his masterpiece. He tugged on his black and blue hoodie, it had yellow strings which held the hood. He adjusted the bottom, over his matching joggers. He'd usually wear shorts but had decided to change it up a bit.

A swooshing sound could be heard a few metres away from the glitch. It then closed, leaving behind an angry figure in an attack position, his guard up. His eyes each held a different shape. One being a red target and the other a dark blue square, locked onto the glitch's very different eyes. In one eye was a red socket with a red ring then yellow then a blue ring before his pupil. His other eye was the same but this one didn't contain the blue ring. The angered figure wore a long, beige scarf which flowed in the slight breeze that also carried the dust of those who were lost. Across his chest he had a utility belt full of vials of all colours going along it. Each one had a different coloured heart on the front of it, they looked like souls in a strange way. Perhaps that was the point of them since the creator did not have a soul of his own. In his hand, instead of your usual weapon, he wielded a huge paintbrush. The very thing that created what the glitch has so thoroughly destroyed.

"Error!" The creator yelled out to him, perhaps trying to reason with the glitch or perhaps not, only fate will entail what happens. "You need to stop this." He pleaded, not attacking. He made no move to get closer to the destroyer seemingly known as Error. "Besides, your distractions don't work on me." He sighed, almost pitiful to his distraction that was set out. "I know you wouldn't leave a universe half destroyed. It's not in your nature to do so and you know it." The creator stared at Error directly, pointing out his obvious mistake. His face held a scowl afterwards, enraged by the actions of the other.

"Shut up you inky mess." He snarled back as a response to him, not listening at all to what the creator had said to him. "You really need to get your facts straight, Ink." He spat out at him, hatred scribbled all over his face. He wasn't taken no for an answer. Not to destroying and not to Ink. If anyone would tell him no it would be to himself, but he probably wouldn't even listen to the phrase even then. "You say my distraction didn't work. However, it seemed to cause enough grief for you to clean up, giving me the perfect amount of time to take this universe with pleasure. Take my time even." The glitch snickered, pointing out Ink's flaws. "Your too sympathetic sometimes. Keep up with the times, idiot." He finished his end of the arguement they had gotten themselves into.

Ink glared at him, gripping his paintbrush tighter as he thought over his response. He tried to get some sort of motive from Error as he thought of what he said but sadly found nothing. "Error." He began, opening and closing his mouth again before continuing to speak. "Each and every monster here has a conscious mind. Every soul here has emotion and thought." He spoke softer now, slower too. "Hopes and dreams." His scowl slowly faded. "It's hurtful to those you hurt, mentally and physically every time you come to unleash your wrath on an unsuspecting world." He moved his hand to show the world around them as he spoke that line, looking to the floor slightly before back up to the destroyer. "It's also hurtful to me. Knowing all my hard work to create and to keep my creations happy. Knowing it's all for nothing." He raised his voice slightly, meeting eyes with the glitch. He just glared back at him as they did. His eyes squinting as he tried his best to ignore what the creator was saying to him once more but at the same time wanting to know what he was going to say next. The glitch was also thinking about what he was going to say next to Ink once he was done speaking so he didn't end up making a fool out of himself. "Why can't you just accept-" Ink got cut off mid sentence.

"That's enough!" He yelled, cutting off Ink. "This is pointless and going nowhere. Our constant bickering is doing nothing and you know it! Why are you even trying?" He growled out, his glitches getting worse around his body. The world around them began to be destroyed even more, bits disappearing, some being corrupted by his deletion and codes. More and more, worse and worse. Angrier and angrier. "Do you ever stop to ponder about the reasons it should be destroyed?" Error pointed out. The creator looked at him with disbelief, going to object but got cut off once again before he actually could. "Do you ever get angry, seeing each world in a constant loop that no one here can escape?" He got louder and louder with each point he made. "Do you ever think about their feeling and their hopes and their dreams as they watch their loved ones being slaughtered by a child?!" He yelled loudly, his voice being over-ridden by his glitches and abnormalities. He then stopped, as if he was frozen, quickly closing his mouth and looking away from Ink. He didn't mean to say all that so suddenly. His anger had once again gotten the best of him.

Ink suddenly had a warm smile on his face, unjumbling all of Error's usual ramblings. He had learned to do this, learning things Error liked or disliked, learning where he would strike next or leave alone. Error tended to ramble on like that, so it didn't really suprise the creator when all that came out. He has witnessed it several times before, seeing emotions taking over the poor soul. That wasn't important however, what was important was the message being portrayed across to Ink. "I didn't know you cared about all that. I thought you just wanted to destroy." Ink chuckled lightly, seeming to figure Error out for once. Finally finding a motive for his actions. He watched the destroyer's body language from here, to see what he would do, making sure he wasn't going to suddenly lash out at him and attack. Like said, Ink knew a lot about Error that the destroyer didn't even realise.

"Whatever." Error muttered as he folded his arms in ignorance. "It doesn't matter and even if it did, I wouldn't care." He said in a huff, he sounded like an angsty teen being embarrassed by his mother with baby photos. He opened a portal, an ominous sound comming from it as he did so. The portal was surrounded by red, blue, yellow and black glitches. They buzzed and darted around, dissapearing and reappearing all over the small entry way into where-ever. The sound was a low frequency, a hum. Or maybe a groan. There was no real way to describe it. He stalked his way through - back to where he once came - the portal closing behind him, leaving Ink in a deathly silence. To his own thoughts. He remained there for a few more moments, rethinking and evaluating what just happened. His smile never left as he did so, beginning to think of a plan as he cleaned and fixed up UnderFell before recreating all of its inhabitants. This took a good few hours as Error had truly wrecked the place, not leaving a single area or monster unscathed. When it was finally done, Ink made sure everyone was okay and making sure they all got back to their daily activities before leaving again, feeling good inside as he usually did when helping out a neighbouring universe. He used his paintbrush to open a portal made of his paint and rift home ontop of his bed. He closed the colourful paint-filled portal and led back on his bed, flat onto his back. All he could think about is what the destroyer had said to him. All his mind was capable of doing at that very moment was picture the glitch, replaying his wording over and over again. He wondered if maybe he could help him change, if not to a protector but at least into a better version of himself. One that wasn't focused on killing everything in sight. Maybe into someone you could sit down and have a good conversation with or perhaps at least not go on a killing rampage without reason. Even if it was impossible, the creator still wanted to try, for the multiverse's sake, for Ink's sake and for the destroyer's sake.

However, first in his plan, he had to find a way to get into the place the destroyer resided in. The Anti-void.

Heya, my beans! I hope you enjoyed chapter one! Feel free to leave your thoughts on the comments as it will help how I structure the story as I go.