Retrieval Part: 1

(The image above is Shinjiro) 

You woke up to sunlight streaming down onto your face. You sat up and wondered where you were before you remembered everything that had happened. "Good morning, Lord (m/n)!" You heard Itsuki greet as he slid open the door. Yukito had a breakfast tray in his hands. "After you finish eating your breakfast, you will start doing your duties as the Moon God," Yukito said as he set the tray down in front of you. "Duties?" You repeated and the two nodded in sync.

"You must sweep the yard!"

"Rid of the filth so that evil spirits can't come in!"

"Clean the floors with a damp rag!"

"Why is this place so big?!"

"Clear the yard and garden of leaves and weeds!"

You sighed in exhaustion as you plucked weeds from the earth. Sure, you could do all these things, but you're practically running on fumes now. You wiped sweat from your forehead and wasn't paying attention to the weed you were plucking. "Ow," You hissed in pain from the thorny nuisance. "I am both surprised and confused as to why you're still here?" You looked up to see Shinjiro staring down at you with a stoic expression. "Why have you not returned to where you come from?" You looked back down and continued working. 

"Because I don't have anywhere else to go." You replied as you angrily plucked out a weed. "That's a childish answer," Shinjiro stated before he swatted your head. He disappeared and you frowned. When you finished with the yard, it was late into the afternoon. The spirits presented you a stack of notebooks. "This is the collection of prayers from the last 19 years," Itsuki informed. "19 years!" You repeated in surprise. 

"Yes, since Tsukuyomi has been gone, Shinjiro has been writing down every request. Since being the Moon God, you receive prayers for clear nights, peace, and much more." Yukito informed. You picked up a book and looked through the notes. "He has nice handwriting. Everything is so detailed," you thought to yourself. You then remembered that you called him a jerk. You frowned, feeling bad for snapping at him. You stood up and looked down at the two ghosts.

"I want to see Shinjiro," you said and the two bowed.

///

Itsuki, you, and Yukito traveled up the mountain, crossing over into the "world over yonder", which is a supernatural breeding ground. Humans can get lost and never be seen again! Once you reached the place, Itsuki called out, "Master Shinjiro!" Yukito joined in. "Where are you, Master Shinjiro?!" You followed them into a tree building. "You are making a racket, Itsuki, Yukito." You heard Shinjiro say. "Master Shinjiro!" Yukito said as he and Itsuki opened a door. "Is this where you are?" Itsuki asked. "Is there something you want?" Shinjiro asked. Shinjiro was being served sake by two beautiful mountain spirits. "Master Shinjiro!!" The two shrine spirits exclaimed.

"How deplorable! You are a familiar in service to a God!"

"Already drinking in the middle of the day! And surrounded by mountain spirits!"

"Leave me alone," Shinjiro said uninterestedly as he tried to drink more sake. "Master Shinjiro, you must change immediately!" Yukito said as he pulled at his yukata. "And you two harlems, remove yourselves from Master Shinjiro!" Itsuki commanded. "What?!" The two women said before they started to kick the two shrine spirits. "You two should leave!" One of them said. "Indeed you should." Shinjiro agreed. You stood outside the door, listening to their words. "But you have to come back to the shrine with us!" Itsuki said.

"Lord (m/n) needs you to be his familiar," Yukito added. "Do you not care if the shrine were to go into ruin?" Itsuki asked and you waited for Shinjiro's response. "No, it does not concern me at all." You gasped in surprise. "I'm glad to be rid of the place. I no longer have to take care of an empty shell." Shinjiro laid down and one of the women filled his empty cup. "So, from this day forward I shall live my life in pleasure." He said as he took a sip. "Master Shinjiro!" Yukito whined. "We are here for Lord (m/n)." Itsuki started.

"He said he wished to see you again." You stood at the doorway with a sour expression on your face. "So he has come over with us." Itsuki finished. Shinjiro sat up in alarm, his kimono slipping off his shoulder. "What!" His eyes were wide as he looked up at you. "I do regret coming... You're disgusting! I don't understand how you could just abandon that shrine like it was nothing," You said with a frown. "You're so selfish!" You shouted at him. You were shaking with rage and swiftly turned around to leave while shouting a goodbye. "Lord (m/n)!" Itsuki called after you. 

"Why did you bring him here?!" Shinjiro demanded, his fangs bared at the two spirits. "He insisted that he come along, we could not deny him," Yukito answered in fear. "I do not care what he insisted, why the hell would you bring a human here?!" Shinjiro seethed. "But Master Shinjiro, Lord (m/n) isn't a regular human. He's a demihuman and the Moon God now." Itsuki said. "Which makes it even worse!" Shinjiro barked as he pulled his kimono back over his shoulder.