chapter three; the yellow dress

"Hey Roger, long time no see huh

"Hey Roger, long time no see huh."

Something about Roger made me feel someway. I couldn't tell what is was either. I could tell from the start that he was bad news, yet I couldn't get enough this blondie. But I knew I couldn't get attached.

"Find anything you like?"

I turn my head away from him. Glancing at the racks of clothing. All of which belong in my closet. I nod my head.

"Yeah actually."

One dress in particular had captured my attention. An off the shoulder yellow plaid dress. I had a feeling Roger knew which one I was eyeing up and down.

"This?"

He removed the dress from out of the clothing rack and signals for me to go in the dressing room. I knew I wasn't gonna buy the dress but it wouldn't hurt to at least try it on.

The yellow dress was a perfect fit. I was starting to think that it was made just for me, but I had to drop my ego.

"Did it work out?"

Roger shouted from the other side of the changing room. I open the door so he could take a look himself.

"Mhm!"

I looked down then smiled at him. Rogers response was delayed. It made me think that he thought it looked bad, ouch.

"Beautiful. And I'm not just saying that to get you to buy it. You seriously look beautiful."

My smile widened. I turned around to get another look in the mirror.

"Trust me baby, my heart says yes but my wallet says no."

I go back in the dressing room to change out of the gorgeous yellow dress.

"Perhaps I'll come back for it after I pay rent."

My regular outfit, back on my body. Sometime had passed already. It was probably best to check up on Joyce.

"I work at the coffee shop down the street from here. Stop by sometime."

Yep, I did it again. I made that kind of move again. Silly Aubrey. Will I ever learn?

"Will do sweetheart, see you around."

Such a short chapter!

Ugh I know!

But don't worry as it's gonna get juicy ok

Hope u liked this though <3